help plz! large file size

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
vinyaya
Org Profile

help plz! large file size

Post by vinyaya » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:53 pm

hey I'm having a problem saving my movie file on WMM. I think it may be too large but all the files I used have saved before. any idea on how to solve the problem?

kikai_saigono
Org Profile

Re: help plz! large file size

Post by kikai_saigono » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:57 pm

[

What file type is it?
Youtuber wrote:What is an MEP exactly? I looked it up but I don't think it has anything to do with being a Member of the European Parliament.

vinyaya
Org Profile

Post by vinyaya » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:05 pm

well the episodes I used are wmv files, and I used some pix (but those never are a prob)

kikai_saigono
Org Profile

Post by kikai_saigono » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:12 pm

But what is the final videos file type? .wmv or .avi?
Youtuber wrote:What is an MEP exactly? I looked it up but I don't think it has anything to do with being a Member of the European Parliament.

vinyaya
Org Profile

Post by vinyaya » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:16 pm

oh its an wmv file

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:19 pm

Break it into pieces. Copy and paste parts of the timeline into new projects, export them separately to "high quality large", write an avisynth script to open each one in VirtualDubMod using the directshow filter and 29.970 fps, convert each piece to huffyuv in Vdub, open the first huffyuv piece and use the 'append' option to open the next pieces in the proper order, reattatch the mp3 file and compress the footage to xvid 1st pass. If it looks fine, you're set. If it looks fuzzy, try adding a filter or two to your avisynth script. If the file's too large, run xvid again and use 2nd pass or lower the resolution in the avisynth script to 480x352.

Or you can import those wmv pieces back into wmm, slap them on a timeline with the audio, and export *that*. Your quality will suck big time, but it's an option.

Get amv-app if you don't have Vdubmod, huffyuv, avisynth, or xvid:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... mvapp.html

Check this guide to learn how to use those programs and codecs:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/avtech/

Read the bolded "sticky" thread at the top of this section and remember the flashing rule of thumb - don't edit with compressed footage (that's divx/xvid, mpg, wmv, and so on). Only use huffyuv or lagarith. The next time you use these clips, convert them to huffyuv first. Just because wmm let you use them once doesn't mean it'll do it with any consistency.

vinyaya
Org Profile

Post by vinyaya » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:26 pm

thnx so much! I'll definitely use those instructions!!! ^^

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”