WMM: HELP!!! - Codec problem

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
pinky75910
Org Profile

Post by pinky75910 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:40 pm

Tried marking the encoding thing like you said - I see a little... "notch" in the line at the bottom, but there isn't a blue line between the notches.
Making an amv, is rather like being the director of a Broadway show, where you have a million dancers and each of them only knows one step.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=50239

pinky75910
Org Profile

Post by pinky75910 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:41 pm

It just seems like there should be an easy fix to this - I'm so close... I don't get why I have to re-encode all these episodes, clips at a time, when it worked for me fine for years...
Making an amv, is rather like being the director of a Broadway show, where you have a million dancers and each of them only knows one step.

whiteash
Org Profile

Post by whiteash » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:01 pm

You need to follow the instructions. It says to rename the problem codecs you have so they have a * in their name... or something along those lines. Doing this helped my WMM A LOT.

BlaCk_PeArL_27
Org Profile

Post by BlaCk_PeArL_27 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:25 pm

pinky75910 wrote:Tried marking the encoding thing like you said - I see a little... "notch" in the line at the bottom, but there isn't a blue line between the notches.
It shouldn't reaally blue totally as long as it shown (you see) how small or large your clips to be encode in Vdub/Mod. If you see something highlighted color in the bar that means your in the right track.

I don't know why you can't fix the easy problem just my suggestion is re-check all of those stuff you've got and if it's easy for you try those one by one if it's works.... "_" I'm running out of idea.

pinky75910
Org Profile

Post by pinky75910 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:36 pm

BlaCk_PeArL_27 wrote:
pinky75910 wrote:Tried marking the encoding thing like you said - I see a little... "notch" in the line at the bottom, but there isn't a blue line between the notches.
It shouldn't reaally blue totally as long as it shown (you see) how small or large your clips to be encode in Vdub/Mod. If you see something highlighted color in the bar that means your in the right track.

I don't know why you can't fix the easy problem just my suggestion is re-check all of those stuff you've got and if it's easy for you try those one by one if it's works.... "_" I'm running out of idea.
I really appreciate everyone's help. I wanna try a few things, but right now I'm saving some files onto disks. I pressed the buttons you pointed to, but it didn't seem to make a difference - it didn't make the blue line that you have.

pinky75910
Org Profile

Post by pinky75910 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:25 pm

I saved and deleted all my imported files on WMM. It still encounters an error and needs to close. Suddenly, it dawns on me to click the "more information" link, and I get this - >

Problem caused by ffdshow codec

This problem was caused by ffdshow codec.

Recommendation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The support for ffdshow codec is community-based. Typically, this type of support group offers information and resources in a forum format about issues that other users have experienced with ffdshow codec. In the forum, you can research the problem with ffdshow codec, or you can ask the group a question about the problem.

To access the support group, go to the website online.

ffdshow http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow/

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:43 pm

Have you made the clips yet or are you still insisting it should work until it does?
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

pinky75910
Org Profile

Post by pinky75910 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:32 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Have you made the clips yet or are you still insisting it should work until it does?
I've tried the clips. It's not just avis. Right now, I'm looking for the simple solution first. I think that codec that I got was really all I needed, and if I remove ffdshow, hopefully all my troubles will be over. I'll exhaust every possible path until I have to buy a new prog.

M.H.A.Q.S.
Org Profile

Post by M.H.A.Q.S. » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:50 am

Man, I love all you guys helping him out!! :shock:

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:20 pm

When you're testing new things are you trying them in the same project file, or are you starting fresh? A lot of the stuff you've been doing to test here and there may result in a corrupted project file - especially if you were trying to work with DivX clips in the first place.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”