WMM: HELP!!! - Codec problem

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
User avatar
pinky75910
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2002 12:07 am
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby pinky75910 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:40 pm

Tried marking the encoding thing like you said - I see a little... "notch" in the line at the bottom, but there isn't a blue line between the notches.
Making an amv, is rather like being the director of a Broadway show, where you have a million dancers and each of them only knows one step.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=50239

User avatar
pinky75910
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2002 12:07 am
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby pinky75910 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:41 pm

It just seems like there should be an easy fix to this - I'm so close... I don't get why I have to re-encode all these episodes, clips at a time, when it worked for me fine for years...
Making an amv, is rather like being the director of a Broadway show, where you have a million dancers and each of them only knows one step.



http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=50239

User avatar
whiteash
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:20 am
Location: Sudbury, Ontario
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby whiteash » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:01 pm

You need to follow the instructions. It says to rename the problem codecs you have so they have a * in their name... or something along those lines. Doing this helped my WMM A LOT.
Fighter: BLARG! I AM DEAD!

User avatar
BlaCk_PeArL_27
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:33 pm
Status: Married and lots of Child LOL
Location: SoCal, North Hills
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby BlaCk_PeArL_27 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:25 pm

pinky75910 wrote:Tried marking the encoding thing like you said - I see a little... "notch" in the line at the bottom, but there isn't a blue line between the notches.


It shouldn't reaally blue totally as long as it shown (you see) how small or large your clips to be encode in Vdub/Mod. If you see something highlighted color in the bar that means your in the right track.


I don't know why you can't fix the easy problem just my suggestion is re-check all of those stuff you've got and if it's easy for you try those one by one if it's works.... "_" I'm running out of idea.

User avatar
pinky75910
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2002 12:07 am
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby pinky75910 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:36 pm

BlaCk_PeArL_27 wrote:
pinky75910 wrote:Tried marking the encoding thing like you said - I see a little... "notch" in the line at the bottom, but there isn't a blue line between the notches.


It shouldn't reaally blue totally as long as it shown (you see) how small or large your clips to be encode in Vdub/Mod. If you see something highlighted color in the bar that means your in the right track.

I don't know why you can't fix the easy problem just my suggestion is re-check all of those stuff you've got and if it's easy for you try those one by one if it's works.... "_" I'm running out of idea.


I really appreciate everyone's help. I wanna try a few things, but right now I'm saving some files onto disks. I pressed the buttons you pointed to, but it didn't seem to make a difference - it didn't make the blue line that you have.
Making an amv, is rather like being the director of a Broadway show, where you have a million dancers and each of them only knows one step.



http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=50239

User avatar
pinky75910
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2002 12:07 am
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby pinky75910 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:25 pm

I saved and deleted all my imported files on WMM. It still encounters an error and needs to close. Suddenly, it dawns on me to click the "more information" link, and I get this - >

Problem caused by ffdshow codec

This problem was caused by ffdshow codec.

Recommendation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The support for ffdshow codec is community-based. Typically, this type of support group offers information and resources in a forum format about issues that other users have experienced with ffdshow codec. In the forum, you can research the problem with ffdshow codec, or you can ask the group a question about the problem.

To access the support group, go to the website online.

ffdshow http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow/
Making an amv, is rather like being the director of a Broadway show, where you have a million dancers and each of them only knows one step.



http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=50239

User avatar
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:32 pm
Status: Breathing
Location: Merrimack, NH
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:43 pm

Have you made the clips yet or are you still insisting it should work until it does?

User avatar
pinky75910
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2002 12:07 am
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby pinky75910 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:32 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Have you made the clips yet or are you still insisting it should work until it does?


I've tried the clips. It's not just avis. Right now, I'm looking for the simple solution first. I think that codec that I got was really all I needed, and if I remove ffdshow, hopefully all my troubles will be over. I'll exhaust every possible path until I have to buy a new prog.
Making an amv, is rather like being the director of a Broadway show, where you have a million dancers and each of them only knows one step.



http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=50239

M.H.A.Q.S.
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:50 pm
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby M.H.A.Q.S. » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:50 am

Man, I love all you guys helping him out!! :shock:

User avatar
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:32 pm
Status: Breathing
Location: Merrimack, NH
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:20 pm

When you're testing new things are you trying them in the same project file, or are you starting fresh? A lot of the stuff you've been doing to test here and there may result in a corrupted project file - especially if you were trying to work with DivX clips in the first place.

User avatar
pinky75910
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2002 12:07 am
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby pinky75910 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:29 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:When you're testing new things are you trying them in the same project file, or are you starting fresh? A lot of the stuff you've been doing to test here and there may result in a corrupted project file - especially if you were trying to work with DivX clips in the first place.


Nope, made brand new project files.
Making an amv, is rather like being the director of a Broadway show, where you have a million dancers and each of them only knows one step.



http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=50239

User avatar
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:32 pm
Status: Breathing
Location: Merrimack, NH
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:33 pm

Do you have multiple codecs attempting to decode the same video file?

What errors do you get with losslessly encoded video clips?

User avatar
pinky75910
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2002 12:07 am
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby pinky75910 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:18 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Do you have multiple codecs attempting to decode the same video file?

What errors do you get with losslessly encoded video clips?


Just encounters an error and needs to close. I think the ffdshow thing is the problem. Let me see if I can stop it from loading and see if that'll fix it.
Making an amv, is rather like being the director of a Broadway show, where you have a million dancers and each of them only knows one step.



http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=50239

User avatar
pinky75910
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2002 12:07 am
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby pinky75910 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:02 am

Okay - I have uninstalled FFDshow, I think. Now I make a video, it gets almost almost almost to the end, and then the whole program closes on its own - just disappears. My gut is telling me this Haalie Media Splitter thing is responsible. Whenever I play a file or try to make a movie, a whole bunch of these Haali icons appear in the corner. Is there a way I can disable it? Cause I think I got it along with the divx codec that let me use the avi's in wmm. Please help! I've almost got this!
Making an amv, is rather like being the director of a Broadway show, where you have a million dancers and each of them only knows one step.



http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=50239

User avatar
Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:50 am
Status: Melancholy
Location: SOS-Dan HQ
Org Profile

Postby Willen » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:28 am

pinky75910 wrote:My gut is telling me this Haalie Media Splitter thing is responsible. Whenever I play a file or try to make a movie, a whole bunch of these Haali icons appear in the corner. Is there a way I can disable it?


I suggest uninstalling it also. It's probably set to split AVI files which is generally a bad idea. You may need it to play MP4 and MKV files, though. If you have to reinstall it, make sure that the option to split AVI files remains UNCHECKED.
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image


Return to “Windows Movie Maker”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests