Wanted to know how to do a "perfect" amv.

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
pyang
Org Profile

Wanted to know how to do a "perfect" amv.

Post by pyang » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:04 pm

I wanted some tips or ideas or whatever to help me do a "perfect" amv (when I have the time, though). I've seen a couple of good amvs that I don't seemed to catch any mistakes...because there's too many animes, short clips, and EFFECTS...so I wanted help...also, if any of u can...then please tell me how many programs I need...because I bave also saw many amvs with so many things happening like the anime would flow easily with the music and all the things IN the music...background effects...so, I really wanted to do one with two scenes happening at the same time...like blending in with each other, but different scenes to match different part of a song...Well, I know the basics like importing pix, anime, music...those small things... but not the ones that I really wanted to do...I can only think of what I wanted to do, but don't know how to do it...anyways, this is it! Thanks to those that are willing to Help me out... :)

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:23 pm

i weep for the future of this hobby
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

requiett
Org Profile

Post by requiett » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:42 pm

Several things you should know about editing:

1. Always use the most popular anime, especially if it's from Cartoon Network. It's what everyone wants to see. No one ever gets sick of it, and that's why it's popular. If possible, leave the Cartoon Network logo on your footage, so everyone knows that you support them for airing your favorite shows.

2. Edit with DivX. Alot of people will bitch and whine and tell you not to do this, but it really saves a ton of space on your harddrive, so you can fit even more footage in your video, ultimately making it much better in the end, because more is always best. Also, it leaves a cool DivX watermark on your video, so when people see the logo, they know that they're able to watch it with the DivX codec.

3. Use lots of FX. In fact, use as many as possible. The less recognizable your footage is, the better. Now I know some people will bitch about your videos not having stories, but they're just old bitchy geezers. Stories are a thing of the past, and no one like them anymore. No one wants any of that "sit around the campfire and tell stories like a caveman" shit. This is 2007. This is the future. And in the future, you need lots of FX. Like that movie, Back to the Future: Part 2. They showed the future. It was full of special FX.

Besides, no one watches anime because it has stories either. Anime just looks cool. Take Inuyasha for example. It's an awesome show, and everyone loves it, and nothing even happens in the story for a good 200 episodes! By adding FX to your vids, you're also improving on the anime itself. If they could afford it, the animators would have completely covered up the animation with awesome digital FX.

4. Make lots of threads about how to improve your videos and perfect them. It's vital to spend as much time talking about AMVs and their processes as possible. You need to discuss all their most vital secrets and philsophies, so that by the time you actually get around to editing, you'll be a super-pro.

Ask lots of vague questions in this matter, and you'll get some surprisingly specific answers. People on this forum are always happy to share their vast cornfields of experiece with you, and you can leech that experience from them by reading what they have to say. Leech their experience like juicy nutrients for your budding skills. Then when harvest time comes, and you actually edit, your videos will be ten times as awesome, because you spent all your time preparing your mind and your mantra for it. It's best to actually edit as little as possible in practice, because that's not where the skills come from. It's all about from learning from others, and that's why this site exists.

I hope I've helped you in this regard.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:50 pm

requiett, you have once again made my day with your awesome posts.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

pyang
Org Profile

Thanks "requiett"!!!

Post by pyang » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:02 pm

Thanks! I'll try my best when I have the time...it sure helps me learn more about doing an amv or "editing" like you said...well, thanks again!!!

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Re: Thanks "requiett"!!!

Post by angelx03 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:08 pm

pyang wrote:Thanks! I'll try my best when I have the time...it sure helps me learn more about doing an amv or "editing" like you said...well, thanks again!!!
*dies in laughter*
ImageImage

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:24 pm

pyang wrote:Thanks! I'll try my best when I have the time...it sure helps me learn more about doing an amv or "editing" like you said...well, thanks again!!!
Requiett, I get the feeling that YOU'RE the reason we have so much crap on this site...:roll:

Basically, don't listen to anything Req's saying. Make what you want to make. There is no such thing as a universal "perfect" AMV. As long as you like it....that's all that matters.

kikai_saigono
Org Profile

Post by kikai_saigono » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:32 pm

:neutral:

The wit fails me today.
Youtuber wrote:What is an MEP exactly? I looked it up but I don't think it has anything to do with being a Member of the European Parliament.

Krisqo
Cooking Oil
Org Profile

Post by Krisqo » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:41 pm

Burn me... send me to hell... PLEASE!!!!

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:10 pm

Omg how stupid are you?.... Practice makes perfect don't ask opther ppl to tell you. If you have only WMM you won't make amvs with 20 things SMOOTHLY happening at once, but you can still make a good amv with it.

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”