Can't sync

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
BlaCk_PeArL_27
Org Profile

Can't sync

Post by BlaCk_PeArL_27 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:57 pm

I add my clips in the time line and add the song (mp3 but I already convert it in window audio converter though I think it will be fine if I use .wav) but when I play it in WMM it did not sync until the song it end. The clips are not showing up though it does show up in couple of sec like 14 to 15sec I guess, so I remove the song and try to play it well it works for a while like up to 27sec (only once) then I try it again and it's stuck in less 10 sec for playing the clips.

I have the right Codec:

CCCP
FfdShow

to work it in WMM but I don't know why it's not playing well :? . Btw... I think I didn't use Xvid and DviX clips but I compress it in Huffyuv v2.1.1.

kikai_saigono
Org Profile

Post by kikai_saigono » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:14 pm

I can't really comprehend everything in that post, but I beleive that your syncing problem is because wmm lags when you play it. When you render the whole video, it should play fine.
Youtuber wrote:What is an MEP exactly? I looked it up but I don't think it has anything to do with being a Member of the European Parliament.

Wished
Org Profile

Post by Wished » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:44 pm

Yeah, when you render it, it should sync fine. But you mean playing back right? I convert it into a WMA. :/ I don't know how you convert, but I right click on my audio file and click "convert audio format" and make it as a WMA file, best quality. Usually then my playbacks won't be all out of place and it'll be easier to choose where the clips should go. If not, you should try converting it back to an mp3 and see if it works then.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:44 pm

Congrats! You found one of the major flaws in WMM.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

BlaCk_PeArL_27
Org Profile

Post by BlaCk_PeArL_27 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:57 pm

Wished wrote:Yeah, when you render it, it should sync fine. But you mean playing back right? I convert it into a WMA. :/ I don't know how you convert, but I right click on my audio file and click "convert audio format" and make it as a WMA file, best quality. Usually then my playbacks won't be all out of place and it'll be easier to choose where the clips should go. If not, you should try converting it back to an mp3 and see if it works then.
Well the audio is out in wmm when I'm playing the clips and I remember where to go the clips in the song but my problem is the WMM is not playing the clips well. If you did get here it again:
The clips are not showing up though it does show up in couple of sec like 14 to 15sec I guess, so I remove the song and try to play it well it works for a while like up to 27sec (only once) then I try it again and it's stuck in less 10 sec for playing the clips.
Just how can I sync 'em both if the clips is not playing well in wmm *sigh* did someone get me?

Krisqo
Cooking Oil
Org Profile

Post by Krisqo » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:14 pm

Windows movie maker is buggy like that. Some days it will work. Some days it will not. Perfect sync is doable, but very unlikely because of that problem. Most of the time, you have to export the video with what you have, watch it, see where it messes up, and then try to fix whatever is wrong. But again, perfect sync is HIGHLY unlikely because of the problems with the program.

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:22 pm

Black_Pearl_Rainne wrote: Well the audio is out in wmm when I'm playing the clips and I remember where to go the clips in the song but my problem is the WMM is not playing the clips well. If you did get here it again:
The clips are not showing up though it does show up in couple of sec like 14 to 15sec I guess, so I remove the song and try to play it well it works for a while like up to 27sec (only once) then I try it again and it's stuck in less 10 sec for playing the clips.
Just how can I sync 'em both if the clips is not playing well in wmm *sigh* did someone get me?
Why are you being an impatient smartass...again?

WMM sometimes will not play back files smoothly no matter what. You're going to have to deal with it or get a better program :?

BlaCk_PeArL_27
Org Profile

Post by BlaCk_PeArL_27 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:32 pm

CrackTheSky wrote:
Black_Pearl_Rainne wrote: Well the audio is out in wmm when I'm playing the clips and I remember where to go the clips in the song but my problem is the WMM is not playing the clips well. If you did get here it again:
Why are you being an impatient smartass...again?

WMM sometimes will not play back files smoothly no matter what. You're going to have to deal with it or get a better program :?
and then what's ur problem jackass.... again!
I didn't say I'm doing to playback in WMM got it! If not it's up to your brain how to... modify that. And I'm not saying I don't like to deal that. Just I want to know what is my mistake why it's not playing those damn clips in wmm I know it's a buggy editing my clips in wmm but I don't want to get another prog if I can stick in wmm.

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:56 pm

Black_Pearl_Rainne wrote:If not it's up to your brain how to... modify that.
:?

I don't feel like answering your question again, because at least three other people have already. If you want to use WMM, be prepared to deal with choppy previews. THAT'S JUST THE WAY IT IS.

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:10 pm

You could always cut your audio track into pieces and do each one in a separate project - then copy and paste the clips into one final project after you're finished editing. WMM can usually play huffyuv up to a minute without lagging - so make your projects under a minute. Don't try to rewatch the entire video in WMM - just preview parts as you edit. To view the entire video, export and use windows media player. If you have lots of harddrive space free, you can raise the virtual memory on your computer - that always made WMM handle previews better for me (and let WMP play 720x480 huffyuv clips in real time).

But you should know that if you're going to cop an attitude no one will want to help you. People will start reading your sig and you won't get any replies at all. o.O

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”