WMM Freezes when my mouse goes over clip

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:47 pm

Nets_VC_15 wrote:
CrackTheSky wrote:Use VirtualDubMod and read this.
Visual Dub seemed a bit complicated, can I do this with WMM? Or should I just try and get used to VDM?
You use VDM to prep your footage, not to edit with (unless you like very difficult challenges).
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:25 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
Nets_VC_15 wrote:
Visual Dub seemed a bit complicated, can I do this with WMM? Or should I just try and get used to VDM?
You use VDM to prep your footage, not to edit with (unless you like very difficult challenges).
OT: Do you know of any videos that HAVE been made using only VDM and AviSynth?

BlaCk_PeArL_27
Org Profile

Post by BlaCk_PeArL_27 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:37 pm

Nets_VC_15 wrote:
just right now I'm doing vdub/mod and wmm works fine to me but it very easy to use the vdub/mod I used to that couple of weeks now ^_^.

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:27 pm

Nets_VC_15 wrote:Visual Dub seemed a bit complicated...
It's not. Honestly. Follow that link and get the AMVAPP package - install it. Then open VirtualDubMod from your start menu. Open the episode you want to convert. Click "Streams" and remove the audio track (if there is one). Click "Video" and "compression" and select "huffyuv" from the list. Hit "OK". Then click "Video" and choose "fast recompress". Then "File" and "save as". That's it. It's going to be a huge file, so if you're short on space, try just converting the scenes you're actually going to edit with. You can select the scenes you want with those little black half-arrow boxes on the bottom right of VDub.

As for the framerate...I used to edit with 24fps footage after doing inverse telecine (per the guides). I did a few vids at 23.9~ something (the guides again, just not converting to 24 since I wasn't using Premiere). I never had any bugs I didn't get already get with 29.970, so I don't think the framerate matters that much. Unless WMM doesn't like 29.970 progressive, either. The only issue with fps was matching the audio track back up after exporting.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:36 pm

CrackTheSky wrote: OT: Do you know of any videos that HAVE been made using only VDM and AviSynth?
There was one user that said they did it several times... I forget who it was, but it was someone that used to frequent the forums quite a bit.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:07 am

Arigatomina wrote:Unless WMM doesn't like 29.970 progressive, either. The only issue with fps was matching the audio track back up after exporting.
WMM likes 29.970 progressive a lot.
If you already have NTSC then all the better, means you don't have to change fps

Arigatomina- Wasn't there something about inverse telecine for 96% + film not on pure interlaced? I could be getting confused 'cause that option doesn't work for me on my pure interlaced sources (which I have a habbit of using unconciously)
new banzors in the making :p

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”