WMM Freezes when my mouse goes over clip

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
Nets_VC_15
Org Profile

WMM Freezes when my mouse goes over clip

Post by Nets_VC_15 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:29 pm

It has happened for a while, but normally only on songs. I am trying to make an AMV on the Rock Le Vs. Gaara scene, I try to put my mouse over the clip that shows the name genrator displaying their names for the next match but before I can even click it, just by putting my mouse over it, my mouse gets the little hour glass by it and this Window Error Report thing comes up. I normally click Send Error report, once that happens WMM closes itself. Some time sI am lucky if it saves my work. Anyone know how to fix this.

This used to happen with my the song Disbeliever that I imported into collections but it stopped, I assummed it got fixed from sending error reports, but I don't want to assume.

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:56 pm

That sounds like WMM just sucking. Is your timeline really crowded? What are your system specs? And the ever popular How are your clips encoded?

Nets_VC_15
Org Profile

Post by Nets_VC_15 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:12 pm

What timeline, I was able to successfully place the song and one clip on my timeline. I don't know how to find the specs (sorry, can you explain please) and due to the problem, I can't go near the clips without WMM shutting down.

From the vidoe clip I got this info:
Bitrate 112kbps
fame rate: 23 frames a sec
vidcompression: XVID
Data: 128 kbps
16 bit sample size.

This is the data for the episode. I watched it perfectly with no issues. Then I clicked "create clips" in WMM so I could find scenes much more easily. Thats when I had these freeze up issues.

The weird thing was this sued to happen with that song I mentioned above but now it doesnt anymore.

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:06 pm

Nets_VC_15 wrote: vidcompression: XVID
That's probably the problem. Convert the clip to a lossless codec like HuffYUV or Lagarith and then try that. Don't edit with DivX or XviD files in any editing program.

Nets_VC_15
Org Profile

Post by Nets_VC_15 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:09 pm

CrackTheSky wrote:
That's probably the problem. Convert the clip to a lossless codec like HuffYUV or Lagarith and then try that. Don't edit with DivX or XviD files in any editing program.
Can ya shed some light on how lol, I have already made like 9 AMV's probably using that :lol:

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:14 am

Nets_VC_15 wrote:
CrackTheSky wrote:
Can ya shed some light on how lol, I have already made like 9 AMV's probably using that :lol:
You can read thisor read one of the approximately 200 threads it's already been discussed in by searching for XviD in the forum search.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Keeper of Hellfire
Org Profile

Post by Keeper of Hellfire » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:24 pm

Nets_VC_15 wrote:This used to happen with my the song Disbeliever that I imported into collections ...,
Don't use MP3's or similar compressed audio for editing either.
Nets_VC_15 wrote:fame rate: 23 frames a sec
For sure you mean 23.976 fps. Beside this, isn't WMM supposed to work with 25 fps and 29,97 fps only? At least this are the possible project settings, and feeding footage with different frame rate for sure has some side effects.

Nets_VC_15
Org Profile

Post by Nets_VC_15 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:57 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
Nets_VC_15 wrote:
CrackTheSky wrote:
You can read thisor read one of the approximately 200 threads it's already been discussed in by searching for XviD in the forum search.
any recommendations on what I should convert IDIV to if I use eo-video?

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:50 pm

You can change the frame rate in virtual dub, to 25 or 29.97 (assumefps)have a look at both and see how sped up it is and then decide which you prefer.
new banzors in the making :p

Nets_VC_15
Org Profile

Post by Nets_VC_15 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:28 pm

I am having trouble with the eo video. Does it matter what I compress or conver it too? I tryed making it a Microsoft H.263 Video Codec, but it hd an error. I don't get this kind of stuff. Can some one help, should I get H.263 installed into the computer before converting it to make it work?

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”