GAH Help!! Oh noes another WMM help thread

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
FoxyKaizoku35
Org Profile

GAH Help!! Oh noes another WMM help thread

Post by FoxyKaizoku35 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:32 pm

Clearly there are so many because we all know working wiht it is just a pain in the..O_O Well, 2 problems:

1. When I save this amv I finished, the time goes UP as the percentage goes UP, then the percentage stops and then the time goes up and up, never ending..O_o WTF

2. Some videos I import, well, I move my mouse over one of those simple clips, and bam, WMM starts lagigng, I don't press anythign, wait til it clears then it tells me WMM is not responding, and it will close automatically..No choice for saving your progress >_<

So, I've had this problem for a long time..ANy one here, pls help me? ^^;;

Thanks in advance
~No means yes, and yes means harder!! Oh noes :O

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:13 pm

WMM is buggy. Others will attest to this and provide solutions, but you must know this first and foremost... WMM is buggy as all hell.

Also, your sig is far too large. Images are limited to 40 pixels tall by 600 wide.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:23 pm

I'm gonna offer questions/solutions.

What format videos are you workin with. and how are you saving it to your computer, like tell me exactly how, like all the details.

Ch3aLs3A L!n@
Org Profile

Re: GAH Help!! Oh noes another WMM help thread

Post by Ch3aLs3A L!n@ » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:46 am

FoxyKaizoku35 wrote:Clearly there are so many because we all know working wiht it is just a pain in the..O_O Well, 2 problems:

1. When I save this amv I finished, the time goes UP as the percentage goes UP, then the percentage stops and then the time goes up and up, never ending..O_o WTF

2. Some videos I import, well, I move my mouse over one of those simple clips, and bam, WMM starts lagigng, I don't press anythign, wait til it clears then it tells me WMM is not responding, and it will close automatically..No choice for saving your progress >_<

So, I've had this problem for a long time..ANy one here, pls help me? ^^;;

Thanks in advance
Have you read the FAQ's
and I think it's Codec problem. You don't have enough Codec... -__- it's happen that to me for 1 or 2 months as I remember and I just remove the other video that's not encoded then I updated my laptop thru miscrosoft many times it's help abit. Then try to defrag or clean your PC.

Post here if did not work ;)

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:18 am

not enough codecs? :/ i'm not totally sure you understand what codec is.
codec is not a measurment of anything
he doesn't need multiple codecs to play the file - he only needs the 1 appropriate one.

not a WMM user here, so thats all the input i can give
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

FoxyKaizoku35
Org Profile

Post by FoxyKaizoku35 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:43 am

NerdStrudel: well I work with avi and wmv files, and I finish the amv, so I click save file, then after that, I save to myc omputer, videos, then recommended etc etc next, i wait, the time goes up to even 100 minutes and stucks at 48% or some percent like that.

Minion and chelsealina: I have codecs, ffdshow, and maybe they are the problem everytime I save to my computer, this huge number of ffdshow icons appear on the time and other programs part of the taskbar..

Maybe I should get different codecs : O

Ch3aLs3A L!n@
Org Profile

Post by Ch3aLs3A L!n@ » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:55 am

FoxyKaizoku35 wrote:NerdStrudel: well I work with avi and wmv files, and I finish the amv, so I click save file, then after that, I save to myc omputer, videos, then recommended etc etc next, i wait, the time goes up to even 100 minutes and stucks at 48% or some percent like that.

chelsealina: I have codecs, ffdshow, and maybe they are the problem everytime I save to my computer, this huge number of ffdshow icons appear on the time and other programs part of the taskbar..

Maybe I should get different codecs : O
YES!!! I say that's happen to me "before" when I'm saving my vid file in WMM but mine is in 25% for 285 or 290 mins (that's the bracket) and I just remove it then I install again in my laptop get the Codec link I post and make sure when you run into ur pc you allow to use the ffdshow and not the directshow. I just did that and it fixed just tell me if did not work, okai ;)

Btw.... I've got alot of .avi too but there's alot of kind like XviD, DviX and ffdshow and other stuff. ^_^

FoxyKaizoku35
Org Profile

Post by FoxyKaizoku35 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:59 am

Ok thanks ^_^ Maybe Ill try it later (possibly tomorrow) cause I already downloaded too much and then my PC gets effed up with mroe downloading >.>

Well thx again ^_^

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:06 am

If the ffdshow icon is appearing multiple times it's not configured properly.

AVI is a container, not a codec... What codecs are your video clips in? Assuming what i always assume to be the problem, i'll provide the folowing link: http://www.amvwiki.org/index.php/DivX_Editing
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:00 am

Generally, ffdshow (especially older versions) don't get along too well with WMM. You could try this: go to Tools > Options and select the Compatibility tab. Scroll down until you find the ffdshow entries. Uncheck the ffdshow MPEG-4 Video Decoder filter and optionally, ffdshow Audio Decoder (unless you need ffdshow decoding audio formats for your editing, which you shouldn't be doing anyways - using uncompressed WAV audio is always recommended, so no external decoder needed). Click OK and see if that improves things.

Ultimately, the best solution is to not use lossy compressed video clips for source footage. This means no AVIs using DivX, XviD, H.264 (ugh!), WMV (wtf!, seriously!), or any other flavor MPEG-4 (3ivX, MS MPEG-4 v1/2/3, etc.), MPEG-1 or 2, or even Microsoft's recommended alternative: WMV7/8/9. Stick to Huffyuv or Lagarith AVIs as the guides recommend (you will need a good deal of hard drive space, though). Ok, MPEG-1 (and MJPEG) is acceptable if high quality isn't an issue, and WMV is ok if care is taken to maximize quality.
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”