It SUX....{when adding v_v"}

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
Ch3aLs3A L!n@
Org Profile

It SUX....{when adding v_v"}

Post by Ch3aLs3A L!n@ » Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:24 pm

I really hate my WMM sometimes, it doesn't allow me to add some transition and credits overlay.

Well my prob is.... when I import my video in WMM and try to cut some clips and add the music (sounds gud) it's works fine. But when I'm adding the transition for about 2.25 sec. (transition duration) and 5 sec. (picuture or video clips duration) after that my WMM crash down/the window close and also when adding credits even in both sides (beginning and ending) still do the same, WMM automatically close after 3x I open my vid project loss.

I read the FAQ and look there if I see there's possibilities to fix my WMM but I see nothing so I post this. If anyone have same problem of mine and know what's the answer I am glady to follow your postreply here.

Btw I also updated my WMM in microsoft it didn't even help me a bit. :cry:

Wished
Org Profile

Post by Wished » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:12 pm

I dont know if this might help, but I used to have the same problem. Yeah. -_- It even froze when just adding clips, but mainly at the times you said it would. I kind of just cleaned my computer a bit (scan for adware/spyware and deleting stuff for more space) and yeah. It kind of worked. It stopped freezing as much. And then I closed any running programs I don't need to stop some lag. Dunno if it would help though.

Ch3aLs3A L!n@
Org Profile

Post by Ch3aLs3A L!n@ » Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:21 pm

:? Ok, :? I'll try but I did the cleaning stuff 2 days ago but I will try today. :cry: :cry: :cry:

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:22 pm

Kind of a good thing. Don't use wmm transitions when makign amvs they suck XD

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:55 pm

[/quote]WMM effects are so Organic
*Snicker*
Sorry still laughing over that thread.

5 second transition? thats long in WMM.

When was the last time you Defragged?

You know it does freeze if you are adding a clip which is encoded wrong (and if you try to import too much at once, save 148GB of footage hehehe)

All I can say is, add clip, save, add clip save, make 1 change, save.
Buy more RAM it fixed this problem for me during my sephiroth on life vid (going from 1GB to 3GB makes a HUGE difference!). But if money for that much RAM is a problem (and you'd be better off to buy premiere or something with that much money anyway) then:
All I can say is, add clip, save, add clip save, make 1 change, save.
new banzors in the making :p

Ch3aLs3A L!n@
Org Profile

Post by Ch3aLs3A L!n@ » Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:38 pm

autraya wrote:WMM effects are so Organic

*Snicker*
Sorry still laughing over that thread.

5 second transition? thats long in WMM.

When was the last time you Defragged?
as I remember I defrag last week and I did a 5 sec. many clips of video before o.0.....
autraya wrote:You know it does freeze if you are adding a clip which is encoded wrong (and if you try to import too much at once, save 148GB of footage hehehe)
I think it's okay :? all my video I only use ffdshow and just other :? simple codec -__-;;
autraya wrote:All I can say is, add clip, save, add clip save, make 1 change, save.
well this is the thing I don't wanna do bcoz it's really "SUX" beside when I adding clips it's really works fine so I don't have to save it as always v_v"

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:24 am

yeah it does suck, but this is why I keep mentioning to people to upgrade it does really help.
*sigh*
Titles/credits themselves shouldn't be causing the problem it's more likely the video/audio clips.

Ch3aLs3A L!n@
Org Profile

Post by Ch3aLs3A L!n@ » Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:35 am

autraya wrote:Titles/credits themselves shouldn't be causing the problem it's more likely the video/audio clips.
that's why I post this so if anyone known this prob I have it could be really help me too! But I did upgrade it last week when before I do defrag. :oops: It is possible if I re-uninstall my codec and other Virtual thingy and I remove my other vid editing prog it could be back to smooth my WMM?

Ch3aLs3A L!n@
Org Profile

Post by Ch3aLs3A L!n@ » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:39 pm

btw *cough* sorry for the second post just I want to let yah :oops: know that I clean my PC, I remove all da program I install and re-install again the VirtualDub & Mod also the AMVapp but I keep the Codecs Pack All-in-0ne (I'm not sure of that to keep) though I dunno what to do bcoz my WMM is not accepting anything :cry: even though I import and look at the file inside the WMM :cry: it won't let me. :cry: :cry:

Plz. tell me what I need to do "except to upgrade it" bcoz I can't do it right now :oops: :cry: beside I'm only using laptop but I want to continued doing AMV

So my question is "Do I have to remove the Codec Packs?" so my WMM will works fine like before? :? Tell me more the things that I did not understand plz. :cry:

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:09 am

The only codec packs I use are K-lite (without a trojan of course)
and CCCP.
plus whatever comes in the AMVapp, I don't need any others.

How did you get your footage?

Did you DVDdecrypt (rip vobs off dvd) then use DGIndex (indexs and creates avisynth scrip) then virtual dub(load avs and encode with huffy/lagarith from the amvapp?)

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”