need help please. [importing]

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
silveralchemist
Org Profile

need help please. [importing]

Post by silveralchemist » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:21 pm

I,m a newbee,i am determined to make amv,s i have wmm and muvee maker. i somehow got on little clip to wmm how i dont know . i tried writeing the scripts but when i got to the part where i put in the clip or vob i want i get a message that thw filw could not be found. i can import all kinds of clips to muvee maker, but cant edit them, wmm wont let me import any! the clip i did manage to get there only says fmawindclip.d2v
i am so stuck!when i try to save a clip to somewhere like documents or movies it never shows up when i click on the file,only when i move my curosor over the file. how do i get the the clips from where the are indexed to wmm. i have not only read the guides i,ve saved them and writen alot down to go over when my computor is off! i cant find the right path to enter ie,C:\? what am i missing? how do i find out the correct path to put in when it askes for the file to open
Lifes to short to spend your time being sarcastic and critical of others.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:36 pm

dear user: I tried to read your post, but my brain exploded after the second line. Try again.

Here's a few helpful hints:

1) , - This is a comma; it goes between certain phrases or lists.
2) . - This is a period. It signifies the end of a sentence. You put spaces after it.
3) ' - This is an apostrophe; It signifies possession or the presence of a contraction.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:42 pm

I know that you said in another thread that you read the guides...but take some time and read all of this

follow it step by step, and you shouldn't have problems.

you are at the part where you use AviSynth to framserve your d2v file into virtualdubmod to make small clips and encode them with a lossless codec (not divx or xvid)

silveralchemist
Org Profile

help please!

Post by silveralchemist » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:59 pm

Yes.Thank You. Sorry for making your brain explode.
I have the steps written out in a note book,for easy access. I have followed them exactley.
Yes, That is where I am at. I got to where it says to make a new file,rename it, "whatever.avs" i open it in notepad,change the location of the file to mine. i put in Avisource instead of Direct Show source, then ( the path to the file source) it is here that it goes wrong,i get a message saying file not found.
My Question, How do I find The path to the file?
sorry if this is a silly question to some. i am doing this entirely by reading the guides. This place was the only place I found help. I dont have anyone to show me what to do or how to do any of it.Everyone here is so advanced in their talents!
Sorry for the impropper use of or lack of commas, and periods,ect. frustration driven as it was. :cry:

Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Gepetto » Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:48 pm

silveralchemist wrote:illegible run-on sentence
If the video file and the script are in the same folder, then you only have to write in the name of the file. Thus:

Code: Select all

AviSource("file.avi")

If they're in separate folders, you have to type in the entire path (text on the Windows Explorer adress bar + filename) Thus:

Code: Select all

AviSource("C:/folder/filename.avi")

Remember to type in the extension (.avi) and to use the quote marks around "filename". Also, AVISource only works with .avi files. If you don't know if your file is .avi, open the folder in Windows Explorer, click Tools>Folder Options>Display Options and unmark the checkbox next to "Hide extensions for known filetypes".

Hope that helps.
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile

silveralchemist
Org Profile

need help please.

Post by silveralchemist » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:00 pm

Thanks. I have read everything ,both here and in the guides.
sorry for annoying everyone with my run on sentences.I was only frustrated and looking for help.

Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Gepetto » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:44 am

Not a problem. Good luck with your editing. :D
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile

silveralchemist
Org Profile

need help please [importing]

Post by silveralchemist » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:06 pm

Thank you! :D

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”