freezes in the middle of making one!

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
me74
Org Profile

freezes in the middle of making one!

Post by me74 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:17 pm

well when i made my first two amvs the movie maker hardly freezed. but now it always seems to freeze when i'm still trying to finish it and playing it back. also if i try to start the project at a certain place the music won't match up like how i put it. please help me! it's driving me crazy!!!

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:20 pm

First question that always gets asked in threads like this:

What formats are your source files in and what codecs do they use?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:51 pm

WMM always is like this. You just simpyl learn to save often and deal with it. I know i adapted.

mangamannumber1
Org Profile

Post by mangamannumber1 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:15 pm

set your auto save for around 5 mineuts and have it open most recent project whenever you open WMM, when it freezes hit Ctrl+Alt+deleat and end the task and restart wmm. that's the easy way out, I once spent a full day like that 8-)

Ch3aLs3A L!n@
Org Profile

Re: freezes in the middle of making one!

Post by Ch3aLs3A L!n@ » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:45 am

me74 wrote:well when i made my first two amvs the movie maker hardly freezed. but now it always seems to freeze when i'm still trying to finish it and playing it back. also if i try to start the project at a certain place the music won't match up like how i put it. please help me! it's driving me crazy!!!
It happens this to me alot before.............. after I got the right knowledge how to deal with it!

First is the codec if you have the right codec in your WMM install. This is one of the reason in mine when it always freeze then I finished my AMV almost a week.

Second ----> mangamannumber1 say
set your auto save for around 5 mineuts and have it open most recent project whenever you open WMM, when it freezes hit Ctrl+Alt+deleat and end the task and restart wmm. that's the easy way out,
well yeah it helps but try not in 5 min. instead make it 3 mins to be sure it is save it when you complete the other clips.

Third if you know that there's no problem within it try to updated your window in microsoft for sure your window running gud and then try to make open again your project.

That's what I do before I get over with my 4 AMV so I decide to make another video editing program install in my laptop so I survive of some WMM problem by now :)

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:52 am

I get this problem all the time and it's not always codec related (not to say that for a lot of people it isn't) however... most of the time it's a RAM/Virtual Memory/lack of processing power or crappy program issue.

The way to fix this is to either:
1. upgrade your pc,
2. stop using videos with the wrong codec types (I'll list them when I find the other threads that talk about them)
3. get a different editing program.

I started off with option 1, avoided 2 and then moved to 3.
new banzors in the making :p

Ch3aLs3A L!n@
Org Profile

Post by Ch3aLs3A L!n@ » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:59 am

autraya wrote:I get this problem all the time and it's not always codec related (not to say that for a lot of people it isn't) however... most of the time it's a RAM/Virtual Memory/lack of processing power or crappy program issue.

The way to fix this is to either:
1. upgrade your pc,
2. stop using videos with the wrong codec types (I'll list them when I find the other threads that talk about them)
3. get a different editing program.

I started off with option 1, avoided 2 and then moved to 3.
Yeah I think I will tell your opinion in my other friend too and I will applied :) to mine *maybe someday. You haven't know this laptop I use will crash down and I need to start again* :lol: but I need to save this page though :o i'm not sure :P

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:18 am

Laptops don't always have a dedicated video card and this also causes the program to crash.
Twisted01 ran into this recently and was IMing me about it.

Ch3aLs3A L!n@
Org Profile

Post by Ch3aLs3A L!n@ » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:25 am

autraya wrote:Laptops don't always have a dedicated video card and this also causes the program to crash.
Twisted01 ran into this recently and was IMing me about it.
yeah that's why I am aware what will happen cause right now I am seeing some of my program is not gud when I making my AMV but I'm still doing it until my laptop crash :wink: so i guess I will ran to you too! :lol: ;) I know the card of mine is still gud:D Thanks for giving me tips;)

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:31 am

autraya wrote: The way to fix this is to either:
And here it is :wink:
CrackTheSky wrote: DON'T EDIT WITH DIVX/XVID-ENCODED CLIPS!!!!

Problem solved.

get the AMVapp. Then, use VirtualDubMod to convert your files to either Lagarith or HuffYUV. You'll probably want to read this guide to learn how, and you should read it anyway because it'll save you a lot of trouble.
I think I'll add.zip to this list too.

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”