Saving Troubles

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
La Re5istance
Org Profile

Saving Troubles

Post by La Re5istance » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:01 pm

When I try and save a movie, It always stops at some point (usually in the 80's, 60's or 30's) and doesn't respond. I've left it save for days sometimes.
I've tried changing the type it saves as and everything, I just can't seem to get it

PLEASE help me out
this is the only thing...

Krisqo
Cooking Oil
Org Profile

Post by Krisqo » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:27 pm

Simple. It's crashing. Happens all the time. If it does it in the exact same spot every time, there very well could be a problem with the clip or your PC is having trouble running Movie Maker. Try shutting down all non-essential processes to free up some ram and try again.

Krahn Riosto
Org Profile

Post by Krahn Riosto » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:47 pm

I had the exact same problem.

The only solution for me was to reduce the quality of the video. My video "The Demon Within" wound up being saved at 1/4 the bitrate I wanted, because it would crash if I tried to save it on anything better.
Blah

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:32 pm

Krahn Riosto wrote:I had the exact same problem.

The only solution for me was to reduce the quality of the video. My video "The Demon Within" wound up being saved at 1/4 the bitrate I wanted, because it would crash if I tried to save it on anything better.
What about if you save it as a DV AVI? Does it still have this problem then?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:33 pm

There is another way.
every video after my third had/has this exact problem (too many transitions/effects and it's a crappy program).
If you do not want reduce video quality (which is bad enough in wmm.) and reimporting the source footage doesn't work

you could try this approach.

1.) save as your project file calling it something different 1st_half for example (note: not save movie file).

2.) Try saving the movie file, delete any footage/clips etc after the point where you cannot save the movie file (you may need to save a few times to figure out where this is) it's best to save as highest quality or as recommended here

3.) once you have a partial file saved, open up your original project file and import the saved 1st_half, replace the footage at the begining up to where you save with the newly imported file and don't forget to mute.

note; you will lose some vis quality by using this method but it is relatively minor, and you could always try cleaning with AVIsynth.
This has also NEVER caused a problem with my sync, whereas saving as lower quality can.

I usually get stuck and have to re-create the second half of the video because I didn't sfollow step one (hehehe poor planning on my part)
I have tried cutting the song in some instance and reattaching the files but this became more trouble than it was worth and I found just pulling the music back onto the timeline worked fine.
new banzors in the making :p

sweetdeily
Org Profile

Post by sweetdeily » Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:54 am

This problem happens less with more RAM...
less with more? I need more sugar!
ImageImage
Lockstock: " i gots the power!"
Sweetdeily: "you know he-man was a gay icon, right?"
*SILENCE*

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”