HELP: Using DVD footage for Windows Movie Maker

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
fuzzypillow
Org Profile

HELP: Using DVD footage for Windows Movie Maker

Post by fuzzypillow » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:25 pm

Help

Now I know that this topic has been addressed many times on a-m-v.org guides and such, and I've read "Preparing DVD Footage for Windows Movie Maker 2" and "AbsoluteDestiny and ErMaC's Guide to All Things Audio and Video" - although I've found them helpful, but not helpful enough.

I've downloaded a number of programs (DVDFab Decrypter, DVD Decrypter, Easy CD-DA Extracter, AMVapp-21, Premiere AVS GUI, ezcddax10_70128, Premiere AVS Plugin uniset). I've decrypted one of the DVDs that I wish to use for an AMV - Escaflowne: the Movie. However, I have no idea what do after that.

I'm frustrated because I've been trying to get clips from my DVDs onto my computer for months now. All I want to do is use my DVD footage on Windows Movie Maker.

PLEASE... I would be estatic if someone could help me with this long-lasting problem of mine (btw... I have a Windows XP, if that helps).

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:36 pm

keep reading in EADFAG.
the next step is to index your vobs (the you get from the dvd) with DGIndex (or dvd2avi)
here's where it starts

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:38 pm

So you now have one or more .VOB files, right? The next step would be to index the VOBs with DVD2AVI/DGIndex, as explained <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... l">here</a>; is there anything in that guide in paticular you're having trouble with?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

fuzzypillow
Org Profile

Post by fuzzypillow » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:18 pm

Thanks for all the replies.

The problem is, I guess, all the terminolgy. I go to the guide sites and do to the best of my abilites what they say. Yet, it never goes well. I get stuck and I'm sure what do because often times the guides never relay my exact problems... and sometimes I don't even know my exact problem.

As I said before, all I want to do is make a simple video out of my DVD's footage, using a simple movie-making program.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:23 pm

have you looked at the Glossary of terms

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:26 pm

ok, i am using dvd footage in WMM for my latest video... i wrote a guide on ripping dvds and putting them into premiere as fake avi files... but you should be able to import the avi files into wmm.... anyways, the guide is located at http://cb-r.org/Guides/ good luck with the video...

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”