Panasonic DV

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:42 pm

erps! :cry:

Rapture**
Org Profile

Post by Rapture** » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:21 pm

post-it wrote:
Kariudo wrote:.. if you make your clips in vdubmod, you can use huffy. ( about 10gig's each )
Yeah...that means that you should keep the vobs around so you make more clips because those files are (usually about 1GB per ep) and only VirtualDub the sections that you really need.
fixxed

8-)
Fixed quote.

And...

Ohh... Now I understand. But...
Hiro The Dragon King wrote:Is there another codec that works in WMM, that i can convert to at a decent speed, isnt more than 5 gigs an ep, and doesnt look like shit?
10 gigs is too much for him :? SO - that's why I suggested using Lag instead of Huffy. Though - I've just turned on and checked playback of Lag files in WMM.. It's almost a still picture :? Probably the rumours about WMM hating Lag is true :|

I would suggest just trying out other editing software.. Not saying that WMM is bad,as I used it couple of my first vids..

The facts :
1. WMM most likely hates Lag,and Lag most likely hates WMM.
2. Huffy will be too big if you don't want to waste like 10 gigs for an episode...

There are few tricks to avoid these problems :
1. Use editing software other than WMM if you want to use Lag.
2. Just browse trough all of your footage and take only clips you'll need,and when you need a clip,but you don't have it,make a new clip. (that would be the most wise decision I think). The shorter way of telling this would be : Create only clips that you'll use for your vid.

Maybe it's just my machine is too slow,so Lag is almost like a still image on WMM (note that it works great in Premiere Pro CS and Vegas 5.0),but I still think that WMM hates Lag.. :?
:D I like laughter ;DD
ImageImage

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:54 pm

I'll try again...
making clips in vdubmod means that you don't encode the entire episode.

[my] clips are usually between 40 and 300 frames in length...so when you encode these clips with huffyuv, each little clip ends up only being a few megabytes in size.
(for reference, a 34 second clip encoded with huffyuv is about 56MB...after some avisynth filtering)

in case you want to make more clips, you should keep the vobs and .d2v files around.
(I assume that you are using avisynth)
this means that the 26 episode series will only take up around 26GB (because each episode is ~1GB.)
all of the clips you end up making will take up a few more GB too (I think that for one of my amvs I made about 250 clips. The 250 clips took up a total of ~5GB, which means that the average clip was about 20MB)

Rapture**
Org Profile

Post by Rapture** » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:14 pm

Kariudo wrote:I'll try again...
making clips in vdubmod means that you don't encode the entire episode.

[my] clips are usually between 40 and 300 frames in length...so when you encode these clips with huffyuv, each little clip ends up only being a few megabytes in size.
(for reference, a 34 second clip encoded with huffyuv is about 56MB...after some avisynth filtering)

in case you want to make more clips, you should keep the vobs and .d2v files around.
(I assume that you are using avisynth)
this means that the 26 episode series will only take up around 26GB (because each episode is ~1GB.)
all of the clips you end up making will take up a few more GB too (I think that for one of my amvs I made about 250 clips. The 250 clips took up a total of ~5GB, which means that the average clip was about 20MB)
Ohh... I see now lol ^^ Well I'm doing the same thing,except for I'm clipping using MB size,not the frame count. When disabling audio steam,VDubMod gets amazingly sharp at keeping correct clip size ^^

To get back to topic - I think you should do as Kariudo tells ya.

To be precise,I'll quote myself :
Rapture** wrote:The shorter way of telling this would be : Create only clips that you'll use for your vid.
:D I like laughter ;DD
ImageImage

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:23 pm

ahem...

killaudio()

space saver
unles for some reason you are using the audio from the anime?
99% of amv's don't use it so disable it in DGIndex or in virtualdub or using avs(as above).
new banzors in the making :p

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”