"Coldplay Pedal Effect" in After Effects (?)

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
JonnyPhoenyx
Org Profile

"Coldplay Pedal Effect" in After Effects (?)

Post by JonnyPhoenyx » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:25 pm

Hi guys! I'm currently making an AMV (a music video done with anime), and wanted to replicate the effect from the cold play video "viva la vida" Youtube Link (It's from 3:49 to the end) I just have a character's upper body and wanted it to evaporate into petals (or something similar).

I found a tutorial that is very close, but uses a solitary image and very bad "petals." (Tutorial Link)

I would like to replicate this effect in 2D (because i'm using anime), but still have a nice petal-ish particle shatter with moving footage of my character. I've taken a 5 second clip, masked-out the background from every frame, and will be placing the remaining character top of more footage in FCP. The background will be transparent for the "petal character".

Can anyone help me out or point me in the right direction?

RolltheStampede
Org Profile

Re: "Coldplay Pedal Effect" in After Effects (?)

Post by RolltheStampede » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:32 pm

If you can get your hand on After effects and the trapcode particluar plug in you should be able to simulate the effect.

This video tutorial may be able to help.

http://library.creativecow.net/articles ... sition.php

Its text to sand but with the right tweeks you should be able to go character to petals, just change you partical to petals
Newest Video:Cirque du Kaliedo
Video Pimpage Loves got to be there | Sungazing | 7 Seas of Enishi

Return to “Adobe Software”