Editing issues

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
COOL NiNjA
Org Profile

Editing issues

Post by COOL NiNjA » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:01 am

I have a few problems with a video I'm working on at the moment.

I'm using Premier CS4. I have multiple source videos that I'm using to make the video, and I've "Interperated" the some of the videos to match the framerate that I require which is 30 fps. I changed some of them back to 29.97 fps. but I'm still having issues with it.

1: the video looks like it's blending into itself, it's wierd and blocky. When I moved it out of the working timeline it renders okay.
2: When I place some videos in other areas it shows a still image from another video on the timeline.
3: Some videos play for a few frames, not even a second, and then it just stops with a still image.

I might have a few other problems aswell but I can't recall any for now. Can someone please help me with this, even if you're a noob and you know how to solve this, please help.

nommay
om nom nom
Org Profile

Re: Editing issues

Post by nommay » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:06 am

Expect this to get moved soon
I'm pretty sure this is supposed to be here

Panky
Org Profile

Post by Panky » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:26 pm

While I'm not too sure about those problems this is what I can think of:

1) Blending happens (if I'm not wrong) when it's missing a field. If the source is progressive, check for the project settings to be progressive as well.
2) I don't entirely understand what happens, but I feel like that already happened to me when editing some time. I *believe* it was because you were taking parts of the video from a different source than it should be. I mean, before taking a clip for a video, try 2-clicking again the source video from the import selection again (at least that happened to me).
3) Play when? The actually exported video or the preview one?

COOL NiNjA
Org Profile

Post by COOL NiNjA » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:44 am

Thanks Nommay.

I appreciate your help Pankyy.

2: For example: There are 2 different source videos that I've placed on the timeline. However, when I preview or export the video, when it gets to thepoint of the 2nd video on the timeline, it shows a still image from the 1st video.

3: When I preview or even export the video it shows the same thing. It just stops and doesn't continue.

I'll try to upload the video so that you can see what I'm talking about.
Megaman and X are not the same reploid/robot/person/etc.!

Panky
Org Profile

Post by Panky » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:07 pm

It looks like a problem with the source episode/movie. What should come in question is the format of that file (if it's either 'compressed' in a lossless codec -huffyuv, lagarith- or a lossy one -xvid or such). When editing formats with lossy codecs strange things like these can happen. It will always happen, even if you change both clips? If it does, then that would be pretty strange.

But what I meant by the second point, is that sometimes when editing in Premiere, I would accidentaly 2-click a clip inserted in the timeline, and then cutting a second clip, it would cut a part from the clip of the timeline. I would not understand some times why the hell it happened.

Return to “Adobe Software”