Changing the render codec

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
Aiacos1990
Org Profile

Changing the render codec

Post by Aiacos1990 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:06 am

Hello.

Sorry if it have any topic about it.

I have a doubt about Premiere 7.0. Is possible to change the render codec after a project has been started? I had to format my machine and I´ve saved all the files of the project (including conformed audio and rendering preview videos). When I put all the files in the new machine and start premiere, the video are not rendered. Even after I search all the preview files he still not rendered. The real problem is: when I start to render, he use the Indeo codec. So, the preview turns black. How I change this to Morgan MJPEG since the rendering settings is locked?

Aiacos1990
Org Profile

Re: Changing the render codec

Post by Aiacos1990 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:25 pm

Sorry the up. But I really need an answer about it.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:35 pm

If you have the codec installed, try going to sequence > sequence setting and see if you can change it from there.

However, I'm not too sure it's done like that since I'm basing this off premiere cs4, which has changed a bit the way to organize the sequences. But in any case, you should be able to change the preview codec in some way similar to that.

Aiacos1990
Org Profile

Post by Aiacos1990 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:40 pm

There is no Sequence Setting on 7.0
If I use CS4 I will be able to change this?

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:32 pm

Yeah, in CS4 you can do that for sure. However CS4 seems to have some issues with the preview codecs for some people which aren't able to choose the one they wish for the preview since it has a limited list of codecs for some (on 64bit vista only some codecs are available and this problem has been found on 32 bit vista too for some).
However, I think that you should be still able to change the preview codec somewhere in Premiere Pro 1.0 though, I can't seem to remember where though. Perhaps you should wait for someone else to help you, sorry. :(

Return to “Adobe Software”