Yeah I always used fast recompress, but I was just grasping at straws
The Assumefps(24) did finally fix my problem btw. No clue why the first 6 episodes encoded just fine without doing that, though. Should I just import and use the footage as 24.00fps, or should I then Interpret footage as 23.976 as well?
Encode times are fine, since it's just a transcode. Anywhere from 22-27mins per encode, and I set up a giant queue in Vdub job control to go through them all when I'm asleep. Of course since life hates me, Win7 power management screws with the job control, so it will just encode 1-2 episodes then sit at 0% on the next one until I come back and move the mouse ... then it magically starts going again. I even set Power options to High Performance and turned off any sleep or spindown functions etc.
I'm using Vdub 1.8.8 atm, maybe I'll try a different version and see if that fixes the issue. I just got the 1st season converted, but now I have all of the 2nd season to convert. 650gb of footage to import in the end, hooray -_-;;