AE Codec problem.

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
Orestes
Org Profile

AE Codec problem.

Post by Orestes » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:25 am

Yeah hi.
Well I was messing with my After Effects to edit something and I tried to put some footage into AE and afterwords it said "No such AVI compressor." :? But anyways its weird because I used Lagarith and DivX codecs on my footage and from what i've learned BOTH should work in After Effects. Oh btw for what its worth i'm using Vista and After Effects 7.0.

LivingFlame
Org Profile

Re: AE Codec problem.

Post by LivingFlame » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:30 am

DivX (and XviD for that matter) shouldn't be used with any editor, ever, and I think Adobe doesn't like Lagarith, from what I remember. I think Huffyuv should work, though. It's another lossless compression like Lagarith; the file size will just be a little bigger. I know the AMVapp comes with Huffyuv, if you don't have it.
... yea ...

Orestes
Org Profile

Post by Orestes » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:02 pm

Yea thanks I know That DivX and XviD should be used just i do it sometimes for practice footage and stuff to save space.
Also I have AMVApp so i'll try out huffyuv.
Thanks Much. :book:

Orestes
Org Profile

Post by Orestes » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:06 pm

Somewhitekid wrote:Yea thanks I know That DivX and XviD should'nt be used, I just use them sometimes for practice footage to save space.
Also I have AMVApp so i'll try out huffyuv.
Thanks Much. :book:
Sorry for double post can't find edit button. :shock:
But I didn't want my sentence not making sense.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:39 pm

LivingFlame wrote:.. and I think Adobe doesn't like Lagarith, from what I remember...
Lagarith works just fine win Adobe, it's WMM that doesn't get along with lagarith

on a different note:
we should add H.264 stuff to the list of things that shouldn't be edited with as well

LivingFlame
Org Profile

Post by LivingFlame » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:38 pm

Kariudo wrote:
LivingFlame wrote:.. and I think Adobe doesn't like Lagarith, from what I remember...
Lagarith works just fine win Adobe, it's WMM that doesn't get along with lagarith
Live and learn and all that. My copy of Premiere/AE is on Mac, so I wasn't sure. Thanks for the clarification.
... yea ...

Return to “Adobe Software”