Less AVI Based Codec Support in Premiere CS4?

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.

Re: Less AVI Based Codec Support in Premiere CS4?

Postby Typhoon859 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:06 pm

Zarxrax wrote:Adobe software also tends to install some of it's OWN decoders, so even if you have it set up to use ffdshow or whatever, simply by installing premiere, that might make it start decoding with adobe's decoders.

Hmm.. Are there any known differences between the decoders Adobe installed in CS3 and CS4? It's easy to deal with the issue and the solution isn't problematic whatsoever. I don't see how it's unreasonable to ask the question, no matter the fact that DivX is unstable in editing programs and for good reason. I'm trying to figure out the difference that cause this negative change so that, if possible, it can be fixed/improved.
Typhoon859

Postby Zarxrax » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:31 pm

I have no idea.
Zarxrax

Postby Typhoon859 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:47 pm

Zarxrax wrote:I have no idea.

Lol. That's ok. Maybe someone else does. If not, I'm fine with leaving it at that.
Typhoon859

Postby chui101 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:12 am

Zarxrax wrote:Adobe software also tends to install some of it's OWN decoders, so even if you have it set up to use ffdshow or whatever, simply by installing premiere, that might make it start decoding with adobe's decoders.

+1. Adobe brings in MainConcept decoders. I find myself constantly have to re-register my CoreAVC and ffdshow codecs. If you use CCCP there's an option in the config to re-register it. Otherwise, just uninstall and reinstall ffdshow. (Or whatever your decoder of choice is.)
Cyber Ninja Productions - http://www.devilsbsd.net
chui101

Postby Typhoon859 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:46 am

chui101 wrote:

+1. Adobe brings in MainConcept decoders. I find myself constantly have to re-register my CoreAVC and ffdshow codecs. If you use CCCP there's an option in the config to re-register it. Otherwise, just uninstall and reinstall ffdshow. (Or whatever your decoder of choice is.)

Alright. Thanks for that. I re-registered it and one of the files that didn't work at all before worked now. It, along with the other two, are still problematic, but I'm just going to accept it as it is.
Typhoon859

Postby JediNight » Fri May 01, 2009 3:58 pm

A somewhat related question I'll ask here just to cut down on thread spam. I'm transcoding my source footage to Lagarith lossless AVI for Premiere CS3 -- is that the ideal container to use for lossless, or should I be using a different container these days for more stability?
JediNight

Postby Zarxrax » Fri May 01, 2009 6:47 pm

Yes avi is best.
Zarxrax

Previous

Return to Adobe Software