Premiere Pro CS4 Sequence Settings?

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
milkmandan
Org Profile

Premiere Pro CS4 Sequence Settings?

Post by milkmandan » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:28 pm

So I've never had this issue before until now.

So I boot up APP CS4 all ready to start my new AMV and after getting through most of the general settings I get to the part where it says : "Video Previews" (basically quick rendering).
My editing mode is in Desktop..so naturally I set the Preview File Format to Microsoft AVI and i select my quick render codec. I usually like to use MJPEG as it is super fast, but when i click on the "codec" drop down box, i see only 5-6 selections from my long list of 'should' be codecs in there.

I should had everything from huffyuv to MJPEG to even largarith as quick render available codecs, but all I have is:

DV (24p Advanced)
DV NTSC
DV PAL
Intel IYUV
Microsoft RLE
Microsoft Video 1
Uncompressed UYVY 422 8bit
V210 10-bit YUV

How come i don't see anything else?
When i actually to 'export' for real, i see all the codecs. Why not quick render?
Image Image

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: Premiere Pro CS4 Sequence Settings?

Post by mirkosp » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:29 am

That's weird, in the preview settings I can choose to preview with whichever codec I prefer (I personally use ffdshow's encoder MJPEG)... yes, I'm using premiere pro cs4 and not an older version.
Since your editing mode is desktop you should indeed be able to choose the codec you want...
I guess you could try installing ffdshow if you don't have it already, and then use its mjpeg encoding ability for the preview. It's only the preview, after all. :P

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:47 am

I see the same limited list in CS4. I had assumed adobe intentionally limited it.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:57 am

I have it just fine... o.O

milkmandan
Org Profile

Post by milkmandan » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:59 pm

Zarxrax wrote:I see the same limited list in CS4. I had assumed adobe intentionally limited it.
I assumed that as well :\
but after seeing his screen shot, i am frantically looking for a solution
mirkosp wrote:That's weird, in the preview settings I can choose to preview with whichever codec I prefer (I personally use ffdshow's encoder MJPEG)... yes, I'm using premiere pro cs4 and not an older version.
Since your editing mode is desktop you should indeed be able to choose the codec you want...
I guess you could try installing ffdshow if you don't have it already, and then use its mjpeg encoding ability for the preview. It's only the preview, after all. :P
whoaa...this is so weird. :\
I already have ffdshow installed, along with AMVApp 3 beta and PICVideo M-JPEG.
I have the list you have when I go to final export, but I just don't see it in Video Previews. :\

I also had CS4 installed FIRST, before i installed these video codecs. i hope that isn't a problem..
Image Image

milkmandan
Org Profile

Post by milkmandan » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:32 pm

whats worse, i just spent an hour on google, looking for solutions. people don't even mention this problem...
Image Image

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:40 pm

Wild guess, but did you ever have CS3 installed at the same time you had CS4 installed? If so, is CS3 now uninstalled? If so, maybe you are missing some registry keys...

milkmandan
Org Profile

Post by milkmandan » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:30 pm

Corran wrote:Wild guess, but did you ever have CS3 installed at the same time you had CS4 installed? If so, is CS3 now uninstalled? If so, maybe you are missing some registry keys...
no. fully uninstalled Adobe CS3.
not installed now either, just checked.
Image Image

milkmandan
Org Profile

Post by milkmandan » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:51 am

anyone have a solution to this?
its really bugging me.
Image Image

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:36 am

Well, I chatted a bit about it with Zarxrax yesterday. It might be that the final version of adobe CS4 really doesn't allow for other codecs to be chosen. I have the beta version so that might the case, but I do wonder, it seems weird that a beta version would be "better" than a final...

Return to “Adobe Software”