Premiere Pro CS4 Sequence Settings?

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.

Re: Premiere Pro CS4 Sequence Settings?

Postby AaronAMV » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:22 pm

This actually makes sense, and could be the reason why I don't see codecs in Premiere CS3; I can only export as uncompressed. And yes, 64 bit OS here.
AaronAMV
eating that e. coli spinach

Postby blabbler » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:59 pm

get AME 4.0.2.002 update installed, seems they fixed all the exporting issues.
blabbler

Postby milkmandan » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:54 am

blabbler wrote:get AME 4.0.2.002 update installed, seems they fixed all the exporting issues.

We were talking about Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 Sequence Settings. Not export issues with the Adobe Media Encoder. AME is fine.
Image Image
milkmandan

Postby mirkosp » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:35 am

milkmandan wrote:- For the people who do have the list, are you guys using a 32bit OS?

Yep, Vista Home Premium 32bit SP1.
mirkosp
MODkip

Postby blabbler » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:01 pm

milkmandan wrote:AME is fine.

:uhoh:

heh, i was just making a public service announcement :3

i have the same problem with a clean install of the retail version on vista 64, with all the updates.

i can't see 64 bit picvideo for previews. no sheervideo either ;_;

i-frame only mpeg seems to get the job done reasonably fast. sure would be nice to have something to compare it to though.
blabbler

Postby milkmandan » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:28 pm

blabbler wrote:i-frame only mpeg seems to get the job done reasonably fast. sure would be nice to have something to compare it to though.

Hmm, I haven't tried Iframe.

I 've been using Microsoft RLE :\
like you, i think its pretty fast, but i have no basis for comparison lol
Image Image
milkmandan

Postby chui101 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:11 am

APP CS4 is still a 32-bit application, which means it can only access 32-bit DLLs. It can't access 64-bit codecs no matter how hard it tries, the WOW64 layer won't let it touch anything 64-bit, and if it did, you'd get a GPF crash.

I'm having the issue on both my 64bit editing rig running Vista 64 and my old 32-bit rig running XP Pro 32. Both have the same set of codecs installed: CCCP, CoreAVC Pro, Quicktime Alternative. However, it's not really a problem for me - DV works fine, i'm not terribly concerned about disk space here.
Cyber Ninja Productions - http://www.devilsbsd.net
chui101

Postby milkmandan » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:18 pm

chui101 wrote:APP CS4 is still a 32-bit application, which means it can only access 32-bit DLLs. It can't access 64-bit codecs no matter how hard it tries, the WOW64 layer won't let it touch anything 64-bit, and if it did, you'd get a GPF crash.

I'm having the issue on both my 64bit editing rig running Vista 64 and my old 32-bit rig running XP Pro 32. Both have the same set of codecs installed: CCCP, CoreAVC Pro, Quicktime Alternative. However, it's not really a problem for me - DV works fine, i'm not terribly concerned about disk space here.

If APP CS4 is a 32bit application and it only reads 32-bit DLLs, how come it can't read the 32-bit codecs? This is the problem we are having.

It makes sense that i doesn't read the 64-bit codecs, thats fine, I can handle that.
Image Image
milkmandan

Postby AnimeSpiritZ » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:20 am

milkmandan wrote:*wow, looks like i am spamming in here*

Well after 1-2 days on the Adobe forums, I am back with some information.
I am still unaware of a fix, but information is information.

It seems this problem lies in the way Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 handles video codecs in a 64bit OS.

The codecs we expect to see are all 32bit, and even though Premiere Pro is a native 32bit program, on a 64bit OS, Premiere might only want to read the 64bit codecs. While Adobe Media Encoder (AME) will read from the 32bit list. Which I find absolutely retarded.

- For the people who do have the list, are you guys using a 32bit OS?

I get the feeling Zarxrax is using a 64bit OS, which is why we have this problem and no one else does.

I cant seem to get the ffdshow codec to show up in the previews option as well. (OS: Windows XP 32 bit) I'm currently using CS4, so I dont think it's an OS issue.. =/
. : AnimeSpiritZ : .

*and sand blows deadly across from silence..*
AnimeSpiritZ

Postby architect_ » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:45 am

Anyone found a solution to this problem?

I've been googling for hours and can't find a solution :cry:

I've even lost my I-Frame codec format after reinstalling!!!
architect_

Postby absoluteapocalypse » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:44 pm

milkmandan wrote:*wow, looks like i am spamming in here*

Well after 1-2 days on the Adobe forums, I am back with some information.
I am still unaware of a fix, but information is information.

It seems this problem lies in the way Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 handles video codecs in a 64bit OS.

The codecs we expect to see are all 32bit, and even though Premiere Pro is a native 32bit program, on a 64bit OS, Premiere might only want to read the 64bit codecs. While Adobe Media Encoder (AME) will read from the 32bit list. Which I find absolutely retarded.

- For the people who do have the list, are you guys using a 32bit OS?

I get the feeling Zarxrax is using a 64bit OS, which is why we have this problem and no one else does.

Glad to see other people talking about the problem I have... unhappy that nobody has a solution. And unfortunately I sort of ruin that thesis: I have a 32bit OS.

I wonder how to fix this, the reason I really care is because all the generic Premiere codecs are giving me the same weird/hideous tint whenever I have layers that don't exactly fill the screen. :\
absoluteapocalypse

Postby Bauzi » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:56 am

I have the same problem with Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Edition. The update to 4.2 at least gave me (beside Microsoft-avi) an option for I-Frame MPEG Only. I have no idea what it is, but it's fast. Fast enough that I can work on a 720p 60fps video with my dual core (2,41Ghz) laptop.

I still would prefer MJPEG over it.
Bauzi

Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)

Previous

Return to Adobe Software