Premiere CS4 Start up Problems

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.

Premiere CS4 Start up Problems

Postby AaronAMV » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:59 pm

I downloaded the trial, and I can't even get it to start up. It loads up, and gets to where it says
Loading ExporterAVI.prm

Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 has stopped working.

I'm running Vista 64-bit. Please help, at this point, no editing programs are working for me.
AaronAMV
eating that e. coli spinach

Re: Premiere CS4 Start up Problems

Postby AaronAMV » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:57 pm

I just tried Premiere CS3, and it's still not letting me load it. It stops where it says
Loading CompilerVfw.prm

Help? :cry:
AaronAMV

Postby mirkosp » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:39 am

Weird... theoretically CS4 should be 100% compatible with Vista 64... maybe the trials are 32bit only or something? But you should still able to run them if they're installed in the x86 directory... ugh, I don't get it... for the time being try to move the ExporterAVI.prm ( should be in "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common" ) in another directory so it won't load and see if that fixes it. If it does, then, well, you're stuck without the avi export, if it doesn't, then the issue lies somewhere else.
mirkosp
MODkip

Postby AaronAMV » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:02 pm

Since I already uninstalled CS4, I just did what you said, essentially, except I removed the CompilerVfw.prm anymore. It's not much of a loss, as I don't use the WFV codec, so Premiere CS3 starts up fine now. I can finally start editing again. Thanks mirk. :)
AaronAMV

Postby mirkosp » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:23 pm

AaronAMV wrote:Since I already uninstalled CS4, I just did what you said, essentially, except I removed the CompilerVfw.prm anymore. It's not much of a loss, as I don't use the WFV codec, so Premiere CS3 starts up fine now. I can finally start editing again. Thanks mirk. :)

Actually, vfw stands for video for windows which would be .avi ...so you'd still have the avi export issue, I think. Try it first, though.
mirkosp
MODkip

Postby AaronAMV » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:45 pm

Crap... :O

Well, it still starts up, and exports. But rather than starting a new thread, I do have some exporting issues.

1. How do you loop a part to export, like in Vegas?
2. I can't export as Huffy, even though I have the codec installed. Do you know why?
3. When I exported, it said that VLC couldn't play it because the codec was v210, and the audio codec was undf; I exported it as uncompressed and got this error in VDub. I downloaded the v210 codec, so it works for the video, but I still can't play the audio. Any ideas?
AaronAMV

Postby mirkosp » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:00 pm

AaronAMV wrote:Crap... :O

Well, it still starts up, and exports. But rather than starting a new thread, I do have some exporting issues.

1. How do you loop a part to export, like in Vegas?
2. I can't export as Huffy, even though I have the codec installed. Do you know why?
3. When I exported, it said that VLC couldn't play it because the codec was v210, and the audio codec was undf; I exported it as uncompressed and got this error in VDub. I downloaded the v210 codec, so it works for the video, but I still can't play the audio. Any ideas?

1. if you mean how to loop the preview, then just click on the loop symbol under the preview monitor and then click play and it'll loop the work area.
2. well, it might be related to the prm issue, not sure though. But anyway, premiere tends to fail at exporting stuff that isn't uncompressed, so you wouldn't want to use it.
3. ok, I have no clue about this one... try to see if you have the audio settings right as shown here... but I think you already have, so meh.
mirkosp
MODkip

Postby AaronAMV » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:33 pm

1. I don't mean the preview, I know how to do that. It's when I export, it exports the whole thing, 0:00-5:57 (End of the song), and it takes way longer than only five or six second to export.
2. Alright, that's fine.
3. Yes, my audio settings are correct. I tried to make an .avs and import it to Zarx, but it says that it can't find a compatible audio format... The same thing with VDub.
AaronAMV

Postby Vax » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:45 pm

Put the interleave at one second.
When I put it on 1 frame, I got that same error.
Vax
Sexy black guy

Postby AaronAMV » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:18 am

Nope. :|
AaronAMV

Postby LivingFlame » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:30 am

For the exporting a specified portion question, adjust the work area bar to encompass the part you want to export and then open up the export dialogue box. Somewhere in that dialogue box, there should be either a checkbox or a dropdown menu that lets you either export the whole project or just the Work Area Bar. Select the Work Area Bar and you should be good to go.

And sorry that my explanation isn't more specific. I don't have Premiere on this computer. Hopefully that makes enough sense. :?

And I'm also sorry that I don't know about the audio problem.
... yea ...
LivingFlame

Postby LivingFlame » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:34 am

My kingdom for an edit button!

Oh, and just to clarify about the work area bar (in case you don't already know...though you probably do), it's that little bar at the top of the timeline window. By default, it will automatically stretch to encompass the entire project unless you manually adjust it. So just grab the sides of it and pull it in to the area you want to export.
... yea ...
LivingFlame

Postby AaronAMV » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:48 am

I'm assuming you mean this?
The timeline is also looped around the edited area.

As for the audio, I played the video in WMP, since it automatically downloads codecs, and it played the audio fine. I then try to re-install VLC, but it still doesn't work. Is there a way to pin-point where the audio codec was downloaded to, and transfer it (I suppose) to have it play in VLC?
AaronAMV

Postby Vax » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:55 pm

Try and set the Embedding Options to Project instead of none
Vax
Sexy black guy

Postby mirkosp » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:59 pm

Vax wrote:Try and set the Embedding Options to Project instead of none

That prolly isn't going to do anything.
I think that instead of uncompressed microsoft avi you have to choose another thing, don't recall how it's called, maybe just microsoft avi, and then choose none in the codec pulldown of the video section.
mirkosp
MODkip

Next

Return to Adobe Software