APP CS3: Replacing proxy files with HR fails

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
hlcws
Org Profile

APP CS3: Replacing proxy files with HR fails

Post by hlcws » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:52 pm

Hi Guys,
following situation

1) H264 sourcefiles in high resolution, mp4 container
2) converted them to lowres mpeg (I know this was a mistake, Lagarith would've been preferred)
3) added the H264 to my project
4) Offline'd them and replaced with mpeg
---
5) editing blabla
---
6) offline'd the files

and now I cant put the old files back. Says the type "video" doesnt match the sourcetype "video + audio".
here is no "video + audio" symbol next to my sourcefiles in the file explorer, tho.
I tried adding a dummy mp3 stream to my mp4 files, but premiere still wont replace the low resolution ones.

I know how to avoid the problem in the future anyway, change my workflow to batch converting the sourcefiles first and skipping importing the original files.
Plus using Lagarith and demuxed streams.

Anybody know how I can fix my existing project?
I edited the XML and changed the settings for "ignore audio" to TRUE everywhere I found a reference to the files, but it still won't work.
A link to the XML specification would already be a great help for me.

blabbler
Org Profile

Re: APP CS3: Replacing proxy files with HR fails

Post by blabbler » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:35 pm

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bc94a3b.3bc4682c

well, maybe you could try leaving your offlines linked, then exit premiere and switch the offlines with the online files... backing up the project file first.

or export an edl, exit, then import into a duplicate project with the files swapped out, never tried that but it would kind of make sense :S

or import ppro project into ae and use the replace command to bring in the onlines. i think this way is most likely to work, but if you've got a lot of time remapping and fx in your project, the import will probably be pretty messed up :/
maybe doing it this way then exporting as a premiere pro project would leave you properly linked up, but i wouldn't bank on your edits/fx being unmolested.

blabbler
Org Profile

Post by blabbler » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:38 pm

hlcws wrote: I tried adding a dummy mp3 stream to my mp4 files, but premiere still wont replace the low resolution ones.
actually, how about you unmap the audio streams (select clip in project panel, clip>audio options>source channel mappings, uncheck everything) on your offlines, then try to relink?

hlcws
Org Profile

Post by hlcws » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:55 pm

The forum thread you linked mentionted some "replace asset" command. Might try that one. Thanks for the link.

I can't unmap the audio streams cause there are none in that file.

Michael84
Org Profile

Post by Michael84 » Thu May 14, 2009 3:05 pm

People, I'd recommend using this iTune duplicate library to deal with unnecessary files on your hard drive. It has many functions, user-friendly interface, safety options and 100% efficiency.

Return to “Adobe Software”