Adobe after effects Stroke.

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
Vanity
Org Profile

Re: Adobe after effects Stroke.

Post by Vanity » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:36 pm

Oki Zarax i did erase around what i wanted and then i exported and nothing still =/

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:46 pm

I believe that after effects' stroke effect makes a stroke based on mask paths... so if you don't have the mask made with ae's pen tool, you won't have a stroke, I think. There is another effect that makes a stroke based on alpha and such, I think somewhere between the channel effects, but I'm not sure, though. I think that the one you're using is something like generate > stroke, which is the mask-based one. I could be wrong, though... :?

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:01 pm

mirkosp wrote:I believe that after effects' stroke effect makes a stroke based on mask paths... so if you don't have the mask made with ae's pen tool, you won't have a stroke, I think. There is another effect that makes a stroke based on alpha and such, I think somewhere between the channel effects, but I'm not sure, though. I think that the one you're using is something like generate > stroke, which is the mask-based one. I could be wrong, though... :?
Oh wow, you are right.
LOL forget everything I said, I was getting it mixed up with the stroke from photoshop :p

Vanity
Org Profile

Post by Vanity » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:51 pm

hahah oh shiut :mrgreen: thats kwel. ill just mask =]

Batto!
Le gâteau est un mensonge
Org Profile

Post by Batto! » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:34 am

You can always apply an outer glow to the image and set the transparency to normal. Layer styles transfer over in cs3 or higher.

Batto!
Le gâteau est un mensonge
Org Profile

Post by Batto! » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:39 am

Batto! wrote:You can always apply an outer glow to the image and set the transparency to normal. Layer styles transfer over in cs3 or higher.
or in your case if you didn't use photoshop, just right click the layer in after effects and go down to layer styles > stroke or outer glow, outer glow will let you have a soft stroke if you wish or just use stroke from there, very simple.

Return to “Adobe Software”