Any Adobe CS4 users out there?

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
-Jp
Org Profile

Any Adobe CS4 users out there?

Post by -Jp » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:55 pm

I'm currently downloading trials of Adobe Premier, After Effects, and Photoshop CS4, since I'm now trying to learn new more advanced kind of programs to extend what I can do.

Is CS4 really worth buying, or should I look for CS3 or some other version?

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Re: Any Adobe CS4 users out there?

Post by Zarxrax » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:19 pm

If you want to edit avisynth scripts, the avs import plugin does not work with cs4 currently. That might change in the future though.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:21 pm

Dangit, accidently hit submit instead of preview.

Anyways, what I was saying applies to premiere only, the other apps don't have avs import plugins anyways. Personally I am not a big fan of cs4 so far. I've been using After Effects CS4 for a while and quite honestly, I have never had any version of AE crash on me anywhere near as much as this one is. This might just be bad luck on my part though.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:55 pm

Zarxrax wrote:I've been using After Effects CS4 for a while and quite honestly, I have never had any version of AE crash on me anywhere near as much as this one is. This might just be bad luck on my part though.
Might be since AE CS4 hasn't crashed on me yet. It works much better than CS3 used to. :| Well, for me, that is.
I have been using the beta version of the master collection cs4 for a couple months now, and I personally like it a lot. If you have to buy it, go for cs4, I say, especially if you're buying it in the production premium or master collection (if you're just doing amvs, though, production premium will suffice) - these 2 versions have the possibility of dynamic links between premiere and ae, which is an awesome thing, and really improved a lot from cs3, imho, more intuitive and better working. :up:

-Jp
Org Profile

Post by -Jp » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:56 pm

mirkosp wrote:(if you're just doing amvs, though, production premium will suffice) - these 2 versions have the possibility of dynamic links between premiere and ae, which is an awesome thing, and really improved a lot from cs3, imho, more intuitive and better working. :up:
Cool, I guess it was worth downloading if it is as good as you say it is. But I will also take what Zarxrax said in mind. Also I was planning on using these programs for much more then editing AMV's since I'm taking a Multimedia class next year (since it's not for freshmen >_>) for video and audio editing. :P That's why I threw in Sound booth, although if I find it to be junk I'll look at Sony Sound Forge.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:38 am

-Jp wrote:
mirkosp wrote:(if you're just doing amvs, though, production premium will suffice) - these 2 versions have the possibility of dynamic links between premiere and ae, which is an awesome thing, and really improved a lot from cs3, imho, more intuitive and better working. :up:
Cool, I guess it was worth downloading if it is as good as you say it is. But I will also take what Zarxrax said in mind. Also I was planning on using these programs for much more then editing AMV's since I'm taking a Multimedia class next year (since it's not for freshmen >_>) for video and audio editing. :P That's why I threw in Sound booth, although if I find it to be junk I'll look at Sony Sound Forge.
Soundbooth is still part of the production premium, the master collection has stuff like Dreamweaver, InDesign, Fireworks, Contribute... if you still are "only" going to to audio and video editing, then the master collection. Also, Dynamic Links aren't available if you purchaise the programs as standalones, but only if you buy them in the production premium or in the master collection.

chui101
Org Profile

Post by chui101 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:59 am

Odd, AFX CS4 is much more stable for me than CS3 was. However, Premiere Pro's been acting up as of late... some crashes with pure virtual function calls. I guess one of their programmers accidentally nulled out an important function reference :o I just downloaded an update though so we'll see if that fixes things.

Yeah, it is a bummer that CS4 broke the AVISynth plugin, but I just convert it to an AVI using VirtualDub and it's fine and dandy.

The biggest reason why I switched to CS4 was the native x64 support and GPU acceleration for Photoshop; it really is blazing fast, even on Vista x64. If I had a few thousand dollars more I could get an nVidia Quadro CX or two... *drool*
Cyber Ninja Productions - http://www.devilsbsd.net

Batto!
Le gâteau est un mensonge
Org Profile

Post by Batto! » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:44 am

if you do motion tracking, AE cs4 blows cs3 away =/

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Post by Niotex » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:19 pm