Text

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
Nejc
Org Profile

Text

Post by Nejc » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:42 am

Yo!

Receantly I've been faced with a problem I couldn't figure out on my own. I was playing around with the text in After Effects and I found out it was not as easy as I'd thought it would be (that's what happens when you are working with Vegas for some time). Though I've decided to change from Vegas to AE, there's still so much to learn about it.

Well, the whole damn thing is, I just want to have a 3D text, which would apply for my produtions. That itself is not such a problem, there are tons of YouTube tutorials that helped me achive that, but the problem is that I'm experiencing is MULTI - Coloring the text and forming it into my personal shape of my own taste.

I've tryed all of the already proposed writtings (Ariel and so on), but none of them would seem to fit my personal taste.
The second problem aroused, when I was able to pick up a color and paste it onto the text, but I wasnt able to put differrent/multiple colors onto the text (like red from below, fading to the blue on the top, for example).
Now, in Sony Vegas, I did manage to create a customized shape of my own text (which required some specific masking, on a white layer) and I would of done the same in After effects (with masking and a white layer), but I would also like the text to be 3D and for that, I need a 'text layer', not a 'solid layer'.

I would really like to learn this stuff, if someone would be kind enough to help me, without having to learn, otherwise, difficult 3D modeling programs (3Ds Max or Maya), if it is possibble, ofcourse! :)

Thanks in advance, I hope we can somehow get this problem fixed and green!

Vax
Sexy black guy
Org Profile

Re: Text

Post by Vax » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:26 pm

I dont know how to fix this problem on my own, but this website has taught me so much about AE
http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/all/

It should help you.

Krisqo
Cooking Oil
Org Profile

Post by Krisqo » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:12 am

Do you want your text to be able to be placed in 3D space or actually be visibly 3d? As far as I know text cannot be made in 3d in AE, just 2D text placed in 3D space. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

You might very well have to use a 3D program to do it. Instead of 3D Max and Maaya, why not try Blender. It's free and there are TONs of tutorials since that is the only way people can really learn it. Or buy a book about it at your local bookstore.

Batto!
Le gâteau est un mensonge
Org Profile

Post by Batto! » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:48 am

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:10 pm

3d text inside ae is possible without external plugins and with real time rendering. You just have to know how to use the shatter effect. Here's a video tutorial: http://tinyurl.com/c3mc34. The actual tutorial starts at about 2:45.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:14 pm

mirkosp wrote:3d text inside ae is possible without external plugins and with real time rendering. You just have to know how to use the shatter effect. Here's a video tutorial: http://tinyurl.com/c3mc34. The actual tutorial starts at about 2:45.
Dang, forgot one thing. In the video tutorial they say it works for only 1 frame, but it's untrue. Just turn down the strength of force 1 and force 2 to 0 and you'll be able to freely animate your 3d text.

Return to “Adobe Software”