Odd AE export...

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
Vivaldi
Polemic Apologist
Org Profile

Odd AE export...

Post by Vivaldi » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:59 pm

Okay, Here's my problem,

The footage I'm importing into AE is all progressive, decent quality, and no blended frames. All well and good, except that in AE I'm seeing this huge amount of random blended frames. when I export uncompressed the quality (somehow) goes to trash and the blended frames are still there. Not only that but when I try compressing to MP4, I get this error message:

AVIsource: the video decompressor couldn't produce YUY2 or RGB output
(c:\Documents and settings\vivaldi ect ect...)

here's my script:

Code: Select all

avisource("C:\Documents and Settings\Vivaldi\My Documents\AMMP\inneruniverse\Inneruniverseveg.avi")
crop(10,0,-10,0)
LanczosResize(720,480)
ConvertToYV12()
Any ideas?
<Kenzichu> HAHAHA!!
<Kenzichu> everyone died!

LivingFlame
Org Profile

Post by LivingFlame » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:11 pm

As far as the blending goes, are you sure your video's frame rate and the frame rate of the AE project match? If they don't, it can create blending.

The MP4 output thing I'm not sure about.
... yea ...

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:02 am

It makes a little bit of sense, when you put it like that. I'm not too good when it comes to helping with something like this, but I do understand common sense.

You should be working with 29.97 correct? (Insert LivingFlame's Statement here)

I know blended frames can be irritating.

I can't offer much help here without some more info, but no guarantees that with more info, I would be able to help.

(Yeah, pretty much, I just repeated what living flame said....haha.)

*Feels Embarrassed* :oops:
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
Org Profile

Post by Ashyukun » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:42 am

TwilightChrono wrote:It makes a little bit of sense, when you put it like that. I'm not too good when it comes to helping with something like this, but I do understand common sense.

You should be working with 29.97 correct? (Insert LivingFlame's Statement here)
Actually, the odds are if it's progressive footage, it will be 24fps (or 23.976) and not 29.97- 29.97 is most typically used for interlaced footage (it's not that you can't do progressive at that rate, it's just unusual to see it...).

I'd agree that checking all of the frame-rate settings in AE (import, project global, composition, and export... I think that's all of them) would be a good place to start. Unless you're doing some time stretching effects in AE that would have it trying to interpolate frames, AE is usually quite good about not outputting crap (unless, of course, that's what you've instructed it to do- be it knowingly or unknowingly).
Bob 'Ash' Babcock
Electric Leech Productions

Return to “Adobe Software”