Premiere Pro 1.5 go Boom

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
The14thGOD
Org Profile

Premiere Pro 1.5 go Boom

Post by The14thGOD » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:26 pm

Anyone know why APP 1.5 crashes randomly (both in edit mode and export mode). Granted I know sometimes video tends to crash but every single project Ive done, well almost, has had problems up the *** exporting and it always crashes. No error most of the time, just close.

Any ideas? (I'll be switching to APP CS 3 after this project, hopefully that works better).

I've been using the guide (old version of AV Tech).

Thanks in advance,

Justin
http://the14thgod.com
A man is only blind to the world, if he does not understand it.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:29 am

I've seen Premiere Pro go crazy on the previews, but it's rare that it crashes on me... what are you using as source clips?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:15 am

.. although these days this shouldn't matter; AMD -or- Intel and Ram Size & Type ???

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:25 pm

Scintilla wrote:I've seen Premiere Pro go crazy on the previews, but it's rare that it crashes on me... what are you using as source clips?
It´s common (at least for me) if you use avs and if you have some bad settings for it.

1. Disable all the cleaning stuff in your avs scripts.
2. Set the max amount of memory for avs in the "Premiere avs GUI" to 4 MB.

This way I can work fine with it. Of course those errors can still come along if you´re out of RAM!!

To export:
Export "uncompressed" (you can choose it from the codec list) and export only work areas from your sequence like only every minute. You can mix the sequences back together in Premiere (works fine, because it doesn´t need so much hardware ressources. You can export now the whole movie in uncompressed or Lagarith or HuffYUV codec) or in VDM with the simpel avs script:

Code: Select all

Avisource("videopart-1.avi")+Avisource("videopart-2.avi")+... Avisource("videopart-n.avi")
I'll be switching to APP CS 3 after this project, hopefully that works better
Sry my experience says that CS3 is worse in that case. I would appreciate it if somebody tells me that I´m wrong on this (oh god please ;_; ).
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:30 pm

when I was having problems with pro 1.5 on my laptop I did some digging.
It was on some forum (maybe the adobe support forums?), anyway...the problem seemed to be 2 corrupt files (both were in premiere pro's directory in my documents)

I can't remember much else, but I'll look for that info again

Return to “Adobe Software”