Premiere Pro Image Resize Problem

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
-kari-
Org Profile

Post by -kari- » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:53 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Are the images Photoshop files with set PAR values?
Yes. From what you've described, it seems like they must be set to PAR 1.0 instead of 0.9, but I don't know offhand where to address this (it seems more like an export setting than an "Image" setting, but if you happen to know exactly, do tell...).

-kari-
Org Profile

Post by -kari- » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:57 pm

In addition, the problem doesn't apply just to Photoshop files. I've exported frames from the project and re-imported them and they too have been automatically resized.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:37 pm

I'm not that great with photoshop myself, but I know the settings default to a square pixel (which is where the issues come in) when you save the file unless you change it manually. You can manually divide the width of your stills by 0.9 in premiere as a quick fix if you want (don't forget to uncheck the box that constrains proportions).
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

-kari-
Org Profile

Post by -kari- » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:49 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:You can manually divide the width of your stills by 0.9 in premiere as a quick fix if you want (don't forget to uncheck the box that constrains proportions).
How would I go about doing this? It's not hidden in one of the many "Video Effects," I'm assuming...

Panky
Org Profile

Post by Panky » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:57 pm

lol, kari, do you have a problem that when a image is exported from premiere to photoshop it looks like this ?

(Imagine that the red is the picture)

I actually have the same problem and the same things you do.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:02 pm

I'm not really in front of a computer with Premiere on it at the moment... RTFM?
| | |

-kari-
Org Profile

Post by -kari- » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:03 pm

Huh. Apparently not. The images come out of Photoshop looking normal, no matter what formats I choose. I'm thinking this is a Premiere issue, not a Photoshop one. I've also tried to import raw 720x480 screencaps that haven't been through Photoshop and Premiere has compressed those as well.

-kari-
Org Profile

Post by -kari- » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:07 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:I'm not really in front of a computer with Premiere on it at the moment... RTFM?
Yikes--no need to jump on me. I've been using Premiere for many years now and I've never had this problem or had to seek a similar solution.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:10 pm

-kari- wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:I'm not really in front of a computer with Premiere on it at the moment... RTFM?
Yikes--no need to jump on me. I've been using Premiere for many years now and I've never had this problem or had to seek a similar solution.
And you've never resized an image? :shock:
| | |

-kari-
Org Profile

Post by -kari- » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:12 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
-kari- wrote:
And you've never resized an image? :shock:
Not outside of working with the scaling in Premiere. I tend to do image resizing in Photoshop.

Return to “Adobe Software”