Premiere 6.5 Crashing

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
jescaflowne
Org Profile

Premiere 6.5 Crashing

Post by jescaflowne » Tue May 22, 2007 1:54 am

Hey All,

Been editing directly with avs files in Premiere 6.5 for a while now. I'm working with some live action tv show footage using Ian's method and I can work for about 5 minutes then Premiere will quit out with no warning or crash message. Just BAM! closed. I have a couple other projects ongoing (anime & live action) and they don't have any crash issues. So all I can think is it's something with my footage.

So, I have 39 individual episodes loaded. I've tried taking half of the eps out of the project but it didn't fix it. The original footage in DGIndex shows up at 23.976fps / FILM / Progressive. Which is great, right?! I chose "Forced Film" when making my *d2v files. My avs script goes like this:

mpeg2source("D:\SGA\102\SGA_102.d2v",cpu=4,upconv=true)
AssumeFPS(24)

I've tried removing the "cpu=4" and "upconv=true" lines but it didn't help. Is there something I'm missing? I can't say I've ever had straight up progressive footage before so not sure if I'm doing something wrong in that regard. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!
Jess
Men should be like Kleenex. Soft, strong and disposable.

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Tue May 22, 2007 3:14 am

Do you have a SetMemoryMax.avsi file in your AVIsynth plug-ins folder? If not, make a new text file that says:

SetMemoryMax(64)

and name it "setmemorymax.avsi" (or anything really that ends with .avsi) and save it to your plug-ins folder. This should hopefully fix some of your crash problems (Premiere doesn't like MANY avs files being loaded into it)

On another note, it's good to hear that you're editing again :)
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

jescaflowne
Org Profile

Post by jescaflowne » Tue May 22, 2007 11:49 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. I checked when I got home and I do already have that file in my plugins folder. It's ironic cuz I have three other projects all using different footage all of which is being IVTC'd. But the one show I have that exists in all its progressive 23.976 glory is causing me problems. :roll:

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Wed May 23, 2007 1:53 am

Hmm.... Well, one thing I would try (though it might mean quite a bit of work) is rather than having one AVS per episode, have it be one AVS per DVD. You can piece it up into episodes within Premiere (set In and Out points around the episode, drag it back into your Bin, give it a name, and waalaa. Instant clipping). SetMemoryMax SHOULD be making things easier, and yeah having Progressive footage should also be making things nicer, but if its not working, its not working.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Return to “Adobe Software”