Premiere Pro 2.0 vs. Media Center?

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
OmniStrata
Org Profile

Premiere Pro 2.0 vs. Media Center?

Post by OmniStrata » Thu May 03, 2007 6:45 pm

Well, I just recently installed the newest XP [nice watching some stuff on my xbox360] and for some reason, whenever I startup Premiere Pro 2.0, it crashes

I have both SP2 updates as well as the rollup and media extenders.

Is there a fix to let Premiere Pro 2.0 WORK on this OS or what am I missing? [plugins are fine and all, it just starts up, then crashes before anything appears]

Any ideas?

Finishing my amv is counting on this
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

RosenRed
Org Profile

Post by RosenRed » Fri May 04, 2007 12:33 am

Just a quick question: Is your copy legit? If not :oops: then there are numerous reasons why this is happening. If it is, does it appear any message concerning the error or it just crashes? Your PC configuration? Did anything happen during the installation? And most important: By "Newest XP" you don't mean Vista right?
<a>Deep Into The Rabbit Hole...</a>

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Fri May 04, 2007 10:48 am

Never change your (I mean big things like SP) system when you edit.

Try a simpel reinstall of Premiere.
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Psygnius
Org Profile

Post by Psygnius » Fri May 04, 2007 10:56 am

RosenRed wrote:By "Newest XP" you don't mean Vista right?
Vista is not a new XP, it's a completely redesigned Windows platform. The newest XP I think was Media Center 2005.

Back to Omni, hm.. if you have Media Center, I would think that SP2 is already included, and you didn't need to do a SP2 update, unless you have Media Center 2003.

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Fri May 04, 2007 12:43 pm

I needed to put in .NET framework [to open some codec install files]
(ver. 2.0)

I needed to get SP2 since I was lacking SP1. As a result, I just installed both to be sure.

Vista can go to hell till more things support it.

I'll try doing a reinstall only shutting down all my other BG running programs.

It worked on older versions of windows, i don't see how doing 'empty' install on XP Media Center would be different.

And again, Vista = Hell with 300 Spartans stabbing it with spears...
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Sat May 05, 2007 12:35 am

Alright it worked!

Now I can get back to putting off editing...

erm... DOH :shock:

RosenRed
Org Profile

Post by RosenRed » Tue May 08, 2007 12:56 am

Glad things worked OmniStrata. I could not agree more about Vi$ta :)
Vista is not a new XP, it's a completely redesigned Windows platform. The newest XP I think was Media Center 2005.
I know I know, but after some years of help desking you HAVE to ask such things only to be sure :wink: By God I do not imply anything about OmniStrata ok? It's only because I have been asked recently by more than one users if the they should "install the newer version of XP" 8-)
<a>Deep Into The Rabbit Hole...</a>

Return to “Adobe Software”