I Need Adobe Premiere Tutor ASAP

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Post by Niotex » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:26 pm

inthesto wrote:I'll do it for a blowjob an hour.
she hawt?

Mystic-G
Org Profile

Post by Mystic-G » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:27 pm

She's a very sweet girl.... she won't be a problem to tutor.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:28 pm

What do you expect? The people who are competent enough in using the program to be able to offer tutoring generally know that there are tutorials out there that you can get free or cheaply. If you're going to get them to want to help out someone who can't learn from those tutorials, then you're really going to have to make it worth their while. Just because some people have high patience levels doesn't mean they want those levels tested.

In short, I suggest you sweeten the deal somehow, or find another friend you already know who might be willing to help you out as a favor.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Post by Niotex » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:30 pm

There isn't much one can do other then point you in the right direction and then help ones they get stuck. Doing it in a class system more or less will not work since one dos not have the hand on approach. Sexual harassment aside you can simple msg me if you have problems, I'll help where I can. Thing is I'm tight on time myself so I can't stand by 24/7 so to say. =/

Mystic-G
Org Profile

Post by Mystic-G » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:31 pm

Like I said she'd be willing to pay $20 a month (if she learns quicker she'd still pay that amount)

I've tutored for (different) programs before it's not like it's high paying job unless ur money hungry.

Shazzy
Org Profile

Post by Shazzy » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:10 pm

Mystic-G wrote:Like I said she'd be willing to pay $20 a month (if she learns quicker she'd still pay that amount)

I've tutored for (different) programs before it's not like it's high paying job unless ur money hungry.
Eh, $10/hr is about baseline for a basic algebra tutor. There are a lot more people who can teach algebra than After Effects, so that's already pretty cheap for one-on-one tutoring in a specialized field.
AMV guides for Mac users
DOWNLOAD THIS AMV
Quarter-life crisis: a sense that everyone is, somehow, doing better than you.

Mystic-G
Org Profile

Post by Mystic-G » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:39 pm

She just wants to learn the basics of it all... so she's able to start making amvs of her own.

It's not like she's trying to be number one or anything.

I don't wanna sounds ungreatful but some of u seem stingy... I do things for free for people just to help somebody out and you guys want like $20 an hour like it's really that difficult and and ur sought out by many to teach them.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:54 pm

my advice:
just kinda mess around with the program for awhile, and look through the help files.

pretty much all you need to know how to do to make amvs in any program is the following:
how to import footage & music
how to put footage & music on the timeline
how to cut footage on the timeline
how to move footage & music on the timeline
how to export

that's it, pretty short list.
everything else can be nice to know, but it isn't essential to be able to do things like zoom, fade in/out, overlay footage, speed up/slow down, etc...

probably the biggest pitfall for new amv-ers is trying to use divx/xvid footage
another big one is not syncing action and cuts

the guides are also helpful
the best part of this is that it's free, the only catch is that it takes time and effort
a lot of people on this site seem to have a "if you can't do it yourself then this isn't really the thing for you" mindset. Pour some sweat into it, and then ask for help if you need it

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:56 pm

Look, the fact of the matter is, most all of us already have things that we're doing and things that take up our time. I'm certainly happy to help if you post about a specific problem you're having or you want to know how to do a specific thing. But it's a completely different ball game when you come on here and ask somebody to sit down with you and teach you step by step how to use Premiere. This is compounded by the fact that, you're not REALLY just looking for ONLY how to use Premiere, you're looking to learn how to make AMV's all together, and editing in Premiere is only one step of several (encoding, ripping, prepping, etc.).

Also take into consideration that for the most part, most everybody here more than likely learned this software on their own, through reading guides, reading the help files in programs (the help files that come WITH Premiere are actually quite helpful when it comes to learning the basics). And while I won't argue that it's certainly easier when you have somebody with you guiding you along, it's certainly far too much to expect to ask from people you don't know personally. If you DO find somebody willing to do it, that's great. But don't be surprised if you don't and just think that everybody here is just mean.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Mystic-G
Org Profile

Post by Mystic-G » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:58 pm

I understand.... It's ok... I just really really wanted to help out my friend. We're going to stop talking tonight and I just wanted her to have something nice.

Return to “Adobe Software”