Adobe Premiere Transparency Question

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
DoomKitty
Org Profile

Adobe Premiere Transparency Question

Post by DoomKitty » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:19 pm

Jeez I hope I don't seem TOO needy on my return to AMVorg x_x Gah.
Anyways, so I started on a new AMV today, with Adobe Premiere. And blah blah blah... I wanted to do like a little gif thing in the foreground, with an anime character [as a gif] lip syncing to the song. I have a gif A and gif B, one with mouth open and one with mouth closed position. Okay... so then I set the gif on a superimpose track, on top of the background [the video itself]. Video Options > Transparency [btw I have a solid pink background behind the gif itself]. So I set the Chroma key similarity to 80, and smoothing to high, not touching any other settings, which wipes out the pink background, leaving the anime character remaining. Okay now here's where the problem comes in... ok, on the little preview window on the transparency window, it does show what I want... the anime character in the foreground and the video in the background. I hit OK and go back to the timeline, and as I scroll through the timeline, it shows black on the monitor window, I also hit play on the monitor window, it still shows black. What I SHOULD see is the anime character standing in front of the background. So what exactly is happening? I'd appreciate your help!

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:32 pm

What version of Premiere? If it's 6.5 or older (sit venia verbo: not Pro), then in order to see the changes, you need to either 1) hold down Alt while scrubbing through the timeline or 2) render a preview.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

DoomKitty
Org Profile

Post by DoomKitty » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:46 pm

Hrm... the ALT thing worked, but only after I restarted Premiere. Very weird...

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:15 am

A tip from someone who's been playing with gif files in amvs... they work better if you export the gif with the pink bg as an avi file. gif files sometimes disagree with premiere... i always convert mine to avi so that there are less problems later down the road... i have run into this exact same problem... but restarting premiere didnt fix mine.. so if you got the space, you may wanna think about exporting just the gif as an avi.

Return to “Adobe Software”