Track Matte motion issue

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
Inaaca
Org Profile

Track Matte motion issue

Post by Inaaca » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:51 pm

Hello, I've been tinkering with mattes and trying to figure out how masking works in Premiere Pro with some success, but I've hit a snag.

I made a white bar via the titler, placed it on the track above the clip I want to mask, applied the track matte key to the clip with "matte luma", and it works great. So then I want to apply some motion to it, like making the bar slowly slide right, for instance. I applied some motion to the matte, but when tested, the mask stays still (as before), and completely ignores the motion of the matte. Upon trying some motion with the clip itself, this DOES move the mask.

That's cool too, but I'd like to also figure out how to move the mask without moving the clip with it. Any idea what's wrong?

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:59 pm

I think you need to render your animated matte to a file.

Inaaca
Org Profile

Post by Inaaca » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:19 pm

Thanks for the reply. Though, at the risk of sounding like I haven't done my research.. how would I go about doing that? :?

Inaaca
Org Profile

Post by Inaaca » Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:15 pm

Problem solved with flying colors. Thanks for the help! :)

badmartialarts
Bad Martial Artist
Org Profile

Post by badmartialarts » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:53 pm

Actually, you don't need to render it to a separate file. You juat have to make a new sequence for the matte and do all the motion effects in that sequence.

In the window where it lists all your sources, titles, etc, right click, hit New...Sequence, and do all the stuff you want in there. Then use that sequence back in your original sequence as your track matte. Easy.
Life's short.
eBayhard.

Return to “Adobe Software”