Premiere Still The Best?

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
dust
Org Profile

Premiere Still The Best?

Post by dust » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:51 pm

Is Adobe Premiere still the best advanced Windows based video editor?

It’s been about 5 years since I edited a video. Back then I used Premiere since it was the most powerful for Windows. Is there any difference that is vitally important to know from ver. 6 to CS3 Premiere that I should know before starting a new project?

Thanks in advance! :)

-Reda-
Org Profile

Post by -Reda- » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:26 pm

Its all about comfort really. Many editors now are actually exploring Sony Vegas, however there are still many editors who use Adobe Premiere Pro. Any editor can be good if you really know how to use it. If you've been using Premiere, I'd suggest sticking with that since you'll be the most efficient with it. Just my opinion though.

And I thought CS3 was Photoshop CS3, not a video editing software...

Krisqo
Cooking Oil
Org Profile

Post by Krisqo » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:30 pm

N0OB wrote: And I thought CS3 was Photoshop CS3, not a video editing software...
Adobe is releasing all the major production studios apps as CS3. Premiere Pro CS3, After Effects CS3, Photoshop CS3, Illustrator CS3 just to name a few.

As for Premiere being the best... Many older editors still work with the 6.x series. I've played with Pro 1.0 and found it very unstable. Most of the newere premieres are aimed at giving more flexibility with HD video. I believe CS3 allows you to work with Blu Rey but I won't swear to it.

-Reda-
Org Profile

Post by -Reda- » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:41 pm

Krisqo wrote:
N0OB wrote: And I thought CS3 was Photoshop CS3, not a video editing software...
Adobe is releasing all the major production studios apps as CS3. Premiere Pro CS3, After Effects CS3, Photoshop CS3, Illustrator CS3 just to name a few.

As for Premiere being the best... Many older editors still work with the 6.x series. I've played with Pro 1.0 and found it very unstable. Most of the newere premieres are aimed at giving more flexibility with HD video. I believe CS3 allows you to work with Blu Rey but I won't swear to it.
Oh groovy, did not know that.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:18 am

I still find good old premiere 6.5 to meet most of my needs. Premiere Pro is a completely different piece of software, really.

For me, nothing else I have tried is as fast and responsive as Premiere 6.5, and also allows the same ease of audio sync.

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:49 am

Zarxrax wrote:I still find good old premiere 6.5 to meet most of my needs. Premiere Pro is a completely different piece of software, really.

For me, nothing else I have tried is as fast and responsive as Premiere 6.5, and also allows the same ease of audio sync.
x2. 6.5 ftw
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:34 am

I still use 6.5 and I agree, it's far faster and more efficient for my essential video editing needs. Now, I will admit, there are some things about it that I definitely wish were different that the Pro series has definitely helped
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

dust
Org Profile

Post by dust » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:50 pm

Thanks for the input all, looks like it's more a choice of which versions, than whether or not to use Premiere. :wink:

I'm just started re-reading READF.AG (for like the third time since it came out), when did 'mark 2' revision occur?

What file format does Premiere work best with? I'm thinking of using LQ .AVI's for my non-DVD video (.MOD from camcorder) as explained in "method 3" in READF.AG.

READF.AG = Read <a href=http://www.a-m-v.org/guides/avtech31/>ErMaC & AbsoluteDestiny's Friendly AMV Guides</a>

Return to “Adobe Software”