Ah, the dreaded import -> upgrade

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
OmniStrata
Org Profile

Ah, the dreaded import -> upgrade

Post by OmniStrata » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:07 am

Well, imported my old premiere 6.5 project file into Pro 2.0 [gasp]

Suddenly, all my transparencies have upped and walked away. [and the f1 key isn't being as friendly as it used to be]

Now it's crashing more than 6.5 due to running out of system memory simply by scanning with the editing bar [stupid thumbnails loading onto each clip and there's no way for me to stop it, not intuitively or using guides]

This seems more like After Effects [which I hate] but I'm gonna chew some more, thing is I need help chewing...

How do I stop this supposed anti-crashing program from crashing on loading up!?

:shock:
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:10 am

Ok, got the "show name only" option
which seems to help a bit, but still running into that crash on export problem...
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:22 am

Your mistake was ever upgrading to Pro. No, I'm not just being useless here. I was not impressed with pro at all. It was more of a memory hog than 6.x ever was. It bitched, moaned, and whined about my project files. The display wasn't the same (it looks a lot like FCP, which makes more sense to me now, but I didn't have a mac at the time). I wasn't presented with a premiere upgrade. I was presented with an entirely different program.

I went back to 6.x in about a week, and not inclined to change any time soon.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Sereenie
Org Profile

Post by Sereenie » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:15 am

Kionon, I'I think exactly the same. The problem being, when I got my new laptop in December, 6.5 would *not* install on it. I looked into it, and it turns out that it's a known problem that its *installer* isn't compatible with some specific system configurations (something like dual-core x64 with XP sp2). And Adobe doesn't plan to do anything about it, since it's considered an obsolete software.

If I could figure out a way to install 6.5 without the installer, I'd be all set. But since I can't, I was forced to upgrade to 2.0 and now try to deal with it. But I can't import any 6.5 projects at all for some reason.

*sigh* I miss 6.5... 2.0 just doesn't make much sense to me.

S.

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:57 pm

Unfortunately for me, I'm willing to relearn 2.0 cause I've got a handle [not a good grip though] on AFter Effects.

I do know, that if I'm ever going to learn anything, quitting probably isn't an option, at least for the program, though amvs however...

:shock:

maybe ^_^

Return to “Adobe Software”