I cannot belive this...

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.

I cannot belive this...

Postby James Sharp » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:03 am

I have been editing a new video for a bit now.. i was doing great.. the cuts and stuff all looked great.. everything was going smoothly.. i had about 2 minutes of my amv done... it was awsome..

I added one of my many clips to the timeline and POOF the next time i render and run my project its full of bits of garbage from the previous clip... it actually imbeded itself into my good clips.. at the start of almost every one..

So i get a split second of the last clip i put into my timeline before the actual clips play..

I tried deleting the clip from my timeline and it dosent fix it.. im totally screwed now.. i cant edit this out .. it is impossible. i would have to start all over..

all of my clips are uncompressed rbg so there is no problem there.. please can somone help me?
Close calls are always the most exciting. Coming close is always the most dissapointing.

My newest vid:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=98816
I welcome any and all advice on how i can improve
James Sharp

Postby Scintilla » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:28 am

Is it just in the preview files? If so, restart Premiere Pro (I'm going to assume that's what you're using, since you posted in the Adobe board, and I never saw this happen with earlier versions). That's the only way I know of to fix the going-crazy-on-preview-files problem.

(If you change the effects and then scrub over the affected clips (WITHOUT RENDERING PREVIEWS) and they look fine, then it's just in the preview files.)
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)

Postby badmartialarts » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:58 pm

I had this problem with one of my videos, and I think it was caused by a memory issue. Try saving, then deleting ALL your preview files (it's an option in one of the menus). Then restart your computer. Try to close every program you don't need, like AIM, Skype, other messengers, antivirus software, anything you can shut off. (If you shut off your antivirus you might as well unplug your net connection too). Then reopen Premiere, and rerender your preview files. It should look okay. Maybe. At least it worked for me...
Life's short.
eBayhard.
badmartialarts
Bad Martial Artist

Postby James Sharp » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:06 am

Ya after reading your post martial arts.. i started thinkin.. and your right. it is a memory problem..

Although i have 1 gig. i can only get about 1 minute of footage editing in before i have to stop and fix it.

Maybe i should stop rendering the entire timeline.. not at once mind you.. bit by bit.. but still its prolly a ton of stuff.
Close calls are always the most exciting. Coming close is always the most dissapointing.

My newest vid:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=98816
I welcome any and all advice on how i can improve
James Sharp

Return to Adobe Software