Matte In premire..

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
James Sharp
Org Profile

Matte In premire..

Post by James Sharp » Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:45 am

Ok what im tying to do is very VERY simple but its getting messed up for some reason..

I am trying to make a track matte... i have three images.. on my timeline.. they are as follows:

Video 3: My psd track matte (its a black circle on a transparent background)
Video 2: My background image (color RED)
Video 1: Same background image (color BLUE)

Now what i want to do is apply the track matte filter to my video two layer.. and have 3 as the recognized matte.. But all i get is a nice black oval when i do it.. i can try many different settings and its always the same..

Now what i would like.. is that nice shape with a pic in it effect that maybe later i can animate around the screen.. but as for now im stuck at square one..

Anyone got any suggestions..

I have already tried a tut for this and the dudes version of premire was different than mine. so i could not apply what he was saying..

I have adobe premire pro 1.0 otherwise known as premire 7.0

any help would be awsome thanks
Close calls are always the most exciting. Coming close is always the most dissapointing.

My newest vid:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... =3&t=98816
I welcome any and all advice on how i can improve

Up In Flamez
Org Profile

Post by Up In Flamez » Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:51 am

in premiere pro, you have to poke the eyeball of the layer with the matte then it should work

James Sharp
Org Profile

Post by James Sharp » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:19 am

lmao.. thats a very nice way to put it.. and of course it works..

But the thing is.. Now that i have my matte.. how do i animate that shape all across the screen.. because if you do motion on the track matte.. it wont work.. and if you do it to the underlying clip.. it wont work...

So making your matte layer invisible may be a good option for still matte.. but i was hoping for a moving shape on the screen...

Is this possible
Close calls are always the most exciting. Coming close is always the most dissapointing.

My newest vid:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... =3&t=98816
I welcome any and all advice on how i can improve

Up In Flamez
Org Profile

Post by Up In Flamez » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:49 am

oops my bad :oops:

for this you, create a new sequence, then in that sequence do all the motion you want to the matte. Then go to your original sequence and use the sequence as a normal matte clip

Return to “Adobe Software”