Vicbond's guide, and adobe pro

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
SebauFiend
Org Profile

Vicbond's guide, and adobe pro

Post by SebauFiend » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:42 am

Hello...

I've been following vicbond's guide to using footage from dvds for amvs. I've finally gotten to the part about actually making the amv.

But one problem I've run into is, I can't find adobe premier 6.0. I downloaded premier pro 2.0, because he said there shouldn't be too much of a difference.

Unforunately, there is. So much in fact, that I'm not confident in using it, because I don't know what this might do to the amv, since I've followed his instructions to the letter up until this point.

Some of the main differences for example, that bug me:

I can't find a way to change the timebase from 29.97 (or whatever that frame rate exactly is) to 24. I also can't choose huffyyuv as my compressor. There were a few other options I believe I was supposed to change that it wouldn't let me (since I was using the demo version).

Can anyone point to me a place where I can download adober premiere 6.0?
Is there a way some one can point out what I might need to do with pro instead?
Or is there a preset that'll work just fine, and I'm worrying about nothing?

This is my first attempt at an amv, so I don't wanna screw things up this far into it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:50 am

trying buying it (premiere)...

Pwolf

Purge
Org Profile

Post by Purge » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:58 am

24, 42 - it all means the same thing

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:32 pm

1) Adobe WHAT Pro? :?

2)
Pwolf wrote:trying buying it (premiere)...
SebauFiend wrote:(since I was using the <B>demo version</b>)
Anyway, have you tried reading <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... l">this</a>? I don't know why the demo version wouldn't let you change settings like that. Also, dumb question: do you have the HuffYUV codec installed?

Though I should mention that Premiere Pro won't let you change most project settings in the middle of a project: you have to get them right when you first create the thing.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:55 pm

:lol: @ "adober"
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

SebauFiend
Org Profile

Post by SebauFiend » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:40 pm

Ok... I'll get to some of these responses:

Pwolf: Oh yes, I'll go out and buy an Eight hundred fifty dollar program that I would only use to make amvs. To which I may only make one or two.

Yes, that makes perfect sense!

Purge: I'm not sure what you're telling me...

Scintilla: Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0, what did I say that warrents your first comment?

When it comes to huffyuv, it doesn't even give me the option to change settings. I just wanted to use a good video editor, and since I only needed one for about a week or two, I thought a trial version would be more than adequate.

I wasn't planning on changing the settings midway through the project, I just wasn't allowed to change anything to begin with.

I think I'm just going to try to work with what I can and see how it turns out..

Minion: I made a typo, omglolroflcopterskaterradarrange. I can't believe my finger hit a key besides the one I intended to hit and I missed it when I looked over my post. That like never happens.

Return to “Adobe Software”