Premiere Exporting Problems

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
Parrot Lover
Org Profile

Premiere Exporting Problems

Post by Parrot Lover » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:01 am

(Sigh) My copy of Premiere Elements really hates me. I can do everything except Exporting. The instant I click on ANY of the exporting options, BAM. The whole program shuts down. It doesn't save, or even OFFER to save, it just shuts down. For what it's worth, the clips I was using were AVI's, and I know that that's not good, but I was too lazy to fix that.
So...Er...What the heck is up with it?! Any help would be much appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:00 pm

avi doesn't tell us much of anything...since it is a container (not a format) there can be many codecs that can produce avi files.

get gspot from the pic in my sig, drop your video files into it and post what codec it says (codec and name...or just the name)

if it's divx or xvid...that's your problem. You should recompress your footage using a lossless codec such as lagarith or huffyuv
in that case, read this followed by this

Parrot Lover
Org Profile

Post by Parrot Lover » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:21 pm

Well, I'm not sure if the codec's the problem. It was working fine before, then suddenly decided it didn't want to export. I tried Google, but it didn't work out too well. Maybe I just used the wrong words or something...
Well, thanks for your help.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:52 pm

Parrot Lover wrote:Well, I'm not sure if the codec's the problem. It was working fine before, then suddenly decided it didn't want to export.
Yes, editing in lossy codes sometimes works... then it decides not to and you're screwed.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Parrot Lover
Org Profile

Post by Parrot Lover » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:41 am

Well, I tried it again and it actually WORKED this time. I hope it stays that way. (Note to self: Next time try different Codec).
Anyway, thanks for helping me.

Douggie
CHEESECAKE!
Org Profile

Post by Douggie » Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:22 am

I also had this problem one time and once I cleared space in my C-drive (Windows-drive) I could export with no problem, so it could be temporary files that bothered the proces...

Return to “Adobe Software”