4:3 or 3:2?

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.

4:3 or 3:2?

Postby Autraya » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:23 am

Okay this might be the wrong forum... but this question covers DGI to avisynth to premiere pro.

Okay I'm using NTSC 720X480 (DGI says 4:3)
Eadfag says to resize to
LanczosResize(640,480)

but I noticed that my moon went squishy and people who were already skinny lost more weight(I wish it happened this quickly in real life!).
so I didn't use the resize and when I imported into Premiere Pro it says 720X480 is actualy 3:2 not 4:3.
note; I resized in all previous videos as per eadfag instructions but didn't notice any problems.

and It has black border/bars down the side (where there is no image) in the preview box.

so my question is will this stuff up my vid for playback/encode whatever?
should I go back and resize? and if so what should I use?
new banzors in the making :p
Autraya
Zero Punctuation

Postby Zarxrax » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:10 pm

Your source may be anamorphic widescreen, in which case you would need to resize it to 16:9 instead of 4:3 (which would be something like 848x480). It's odd though since DGIndex says it's 4:3. Can you mention what particular source you are using?
Zarxrax

Postby Autraya » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:33 pm

it's mirage of blaze TV.

and it's not wide screen acording to the numbers...?

funnily enough I think that the OVA may be 16:9 tho, I'm not up to synthing that one yet and I will make it match the TV when I'm up to it.

does it cause problems if I don't resize the TV for premiere or playback?
new banzors in the making :p
Autraya
Zero Punctuation

Return to Adobe Software