oh man(premiere pro)

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
thebattosai
Org Profile

oh man(premiere pro)

Post by thebattosai » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:00 pm

Hey, can any 1 help me with this problem??? PLZ?
i have premiere pro . I import a naruto episode and bring it to the source monitor. It plays....
i select what i want and then carry it to the timeline. I play the time line...and to my surprise...all i get is static and/or a blank screen...:O wats up with that...?
hey..its the battosai...alright:S

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:06 pm

this belongs in video software help.

to answer your question, your fansubs are encoded with either divx or xvid, which is bad for editing.
you need to re-encode your episodes (or take small clips) with VirtualDub(/Mod) and encode them with a lossless codec

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Re: oh man(premiere pro)

Post by godix » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:07 pm

thebattosai wrote:Hey, can any 1 help me with this problem??? PLZ?
i have premiere pro . I import a naruto episode and bring it to the source monitor. It plays....
i select what i want and then carry it to the timeline. I play the time line...and to my surprise...all i get is static and/or a blank screen...:O wats up with that...?
The bolded part is the problem. About six months ago one of Adobes programmers visited the site. Overall he was impressed by what he saw us doing but he did mention there are two huge problems with the AMV community. So he took it upon himself to fix those problems. A short while later Premiere was given a stealth update that will make it impossible to use Naruto or DBZ in it. I still worship the ground that guy walks on. I might suggest using WMM instead.

Or, alternatively, you could just use DVD rips instead of downloaded footage.

thebattosai
Org Profile

Post by thebattosai » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:08 pm

but it played be4...it worked be4 with the same eps...:S...but its not working now...

y'd it work b4?

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:12 pm

it can play in media players, but that doesn't mean it'l work in editing programs
just re-encode your fansubs or get the dvds and follow the guides

thebattosai
Org Profile

Post by thebattosai » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:16 pm

re-encoding takes up SOOO much space...n i dont have much of it to spare...guess i need 2 upgrade drives:S

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:25 pm

choose Lagarith as your codec in Vdub, and use these buttons to mark the beginning and ending of "clips" and make small pieces...

also go to stream --> Stream List --> and click the button that says disable stream... this will kill your audio...

if lagarith is still too big for your tastes (you ovbiously dont care about quality so why not?) use a MPEG4 codec its still useable and fairly decent :/

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:32 pm

JaddziaDax wrote:choose Lagarith
yay! people are finally switching to this! the "must have huffyuv" instructions for meps is just silly.

Moonie
Give me some candy!
Org Profile

Post by Moonie » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:41 pm

Divx and Xvid sometimes will work in editing programs then later on it stops working.
Most of the time if you use it it will run slow, crash the program or just show a black screen.
I've made an amv completly with divx clips in the past and it was a pain >_<
Your best choice is to use an loosless codec for your clips.
so...

To get your clips to work you need to re-encode them in a program like virtualdub and use a codec like Huffyuv or Lagarith
Its best to encode only the clips you need insted of whole episodes since those codecs can make HUGE files
you can download virtual dub here
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/virt ... p?download
Since you are using downloaded episodes at some point you may get files in MKV or OGM format. For those you will need virtualdub mod to convert them
http://virtualdubmod.sourceforge.net/

I used these screenshots to show someone how to convert dvd vobs but they can be used here for this.
The screenshots are from virtualdub mod but what you are doing can be done in regular virtual dub

run virtualdub mod (or virtualdub) and open the video file wherever it is on your hard drive

After it opens go to "video" then select "compression" and select a codec like Huffy

You can use the buttons like shown below to select scenes you want to encode.
Once you select a scene go to "file" then save it as an avi.

Thats basically what you have to do! ^_^

*drinks sake*
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:42 pm

Really? I like HuffyYUV. I guess for my next project, I need to require Lagarith or HuffyYUV. Hmm... Anyway, I had the same exact problem with my MEP I just completed. Like they have already said before, you need to take the segments into VirtualDUB and re-compress them as either Lagarith or HuffyYUV (or other lossless codecs). This will get you better quality, and make things smoother.

Return to “Adobe Software”