A Newbie's Guide To Adobe Premiere

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:13 am

are you going to cover animation?
Kariudo put me on that path for fades using opacity in a different thread.
but it's got alot of uses (took my screaming quite well too, I might add).

or has this been covered already?
This is a really good idea by the way I'm supprised it hasn't been done sooner.

btw there is a CS2 for dummies book available(sweetdeily said I should buy it) :P I haven't seen a premiere or AE version.
new banzors in the making :p

Up In Flamez
Org Profile

Post by Up In Flamez » Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:25 am

ya i was thinking of keyframing but i have been busy lately, also that CS2 book is for photoshop. premiere or AE arent called CS2

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:00 am

uP|iN|fLaM3z wrote: that CS2 book is for photoshop. premiere or AE arent called CS2
yah I know that's why I said btw.

ahh so u guys r calling it keyframing hmmm :idea:
new banzors in the making :p

rwgirl
Org Profile

Post by rwgirl » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:48 pm

Hey uP|iN|fLaM3z, I've got a question for you. If this is a very stupid question then please forgive me :oops:

Okay, I'm thinking about getting the Adobe Premire and I was looking through your tutorials and I thought they really helped alot. Anyway, here is my question.

1. I'm planning on using DVD's, is there a way to import clips from my DVDs to Adobe Premire?

Say for example, if I wanted to import 3 clips from Fruits Basket from my DVDs, can I just put my DVDs in my hard drive and import the files from there to Adobe Premire?

Thanks.
My passion for anime

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:37 pm

unfortunately it's [more times than not] not that easy.
for getting dvd footage to:
a: work
and b: look pretty darn good
you should Read <a href=http://www.a-m-v.org/guides/avtech31/>ErMaC & AbsoluteDestiny's Friendly AMV Guides</a>
(it helps if you read all of it)

volken330
Org Profile

Post by volken330 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:04 am

So if Premiere 6.0 doesn't have real-time preview, how can you know what you're doing? Do you have to make a preview every time you add or change something?

Up In Flamez
Org Profile

Post by Up In Flamez » Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:50 pm

well both premiere 6.0 and 6.5, dont work in real time. 6.5 just has a real time preview. If you want to see what the effect will look like, then just Alt + Scrub the timeline to see your effect. Actually my friend has 6.0 and i looked it over. There are other options like "Preview from RAM" and "Preview from Screen" . I would pick preview from RAM. Preview from screen is really bad. But if its for an effect like Ghosting or Radial Blur, its best to render it.

volken330
Org Profile

Post by volken330 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:12 am

I have Premiere 6.0, and my video isn't playing while my audio works fine. I'm using Naruto episodes in avi and it won't show up in the monitor window when I try to play the movie in the timeline. Do you have any suggestions about what to do or what's going wrong?

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:54 pm

volken330 wrote:I have Premiere 6.0, and my video isn't playing while my audio works fine. I'm using Naruto episodes in avi and it won't show up in the monitor window when I try to play the movie in the timeline. Do you have any suggestions about what to do or what's going wrong?
<a href="http://www.aquilinestudios.org/DivX_Edi ... n'tuse.gif[/img]</a>
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

volken330
Org Profile

Post by volken330 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:11 pm

I converted the video with the lagarith codec in eo video, but it's extremely low quality. Will using a different codec like huffyuv or avysyinth or maybe leaving it as an uncompressed file make the quality just as low?

Return to “Adobe Software”