How do you make this type of animated laser rays effect?

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
JazzyDJ
Org Profile

How do you make this type of animated laser rays effect?

Post by JazzyDJ » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:25 am

How could you make these laser light rays, and also animate them to move from the horizon line forward in after effects? It's kind of remeniscant of a matrix effect but it's not code, it's lasers. I'm not really sure exactly what to call it but here's a photo example...

How could you create that in After Effects (but without that website logo stuff)?
Number 1 on the Bottom 40

MetamorphosisStudios
Org Profile

Re: How do you make this type of animated laser rays effect?

Post by MetamorphosisStudios » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:01 pm

You could probably accomplish this manually in after effects by using the stroke effect or masking lots of solid layers. That's the only way i can think of without using any plugins o_o good luck

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:32 pm

You use the fireworks effect (sorry i forgot name but it produces sparks/fireworks) then you change the birth and death colour and size to however you want. You also need to change the shape to a line shape Now change your output sparks or something like that to either horizon or vertical. Now all that is left is the glow effect and the horizon which could be made with a solid and some glow effects and possibly some curves

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:58 pm

MetamorphosisStudios wrote:You could probably accomplish this manually in after effects by using the stroke effect or masking lots of solid layers. That's the only way i can think of without using any plugins o_o good luck
Instead masking allot of layers why couldnt u just use particleworld effect. There are settings which you can change to make this effect

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:37 pm

I think by setting turbulance fields annd things like wind to 0, the particles will travel in a straight line.
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Return to “Adobe Software”