AE[what should i do with the audio?]

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
IzayaNeko
Org Profile

Post by IzayaNeko » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:38 am

We all know that AE doesn't have a good audio support like vegas has!But most pple use AE cuz it has better effects and i agree with that!But the problem with the audio is way to big!So any suggestion how to have the music in AE while editting?

Something i thought was to open the music on my BSBplayer or windows player but won't there be a problem with the time?

Suggestions? :oops:

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Re: AE[what should i do with the audio?]

Post by Pwolf » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:30 pm

AE isn't an editing program, its for compositing.

IzayaNeko
Org Profile

Post by IzayaNeko » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:20 am

Pwolf wrote:AE isn't an editing program, its for compositing.
Yeah but still there are pple who uses AE for editing!I mean they do whole AMV's in AE!
But how is that possible with no good support of audio?

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Post by LantisEscudo » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:31 am

You can hear sound in AE by adding the file as a layer in your composition and then using the RAM Preview or holding Ctrl while scrubbing. Not a perfect solution, but it's not AE's primary function.

IzayaNeko
Org Profile

Post by IzayaNeko » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:38 pm

LantisEscudo wrote:You can hear sound in AE by adding the file as a layer in your composition and then using the RAM Preview or holding Ctrl while scrubbing. Not a perfect solution, but it's not AE's primary function.
I'll try that thnx!^^Well an other guy on utube told me to use vegas and do a simple video on it and the use AE to add the effects!But 2 programmes for one video? :?

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:36 am

IzayaNeko wrote:I'll try that thnx!^^Well an other guy on utube told me to use vegas and do a simple video on it and the use AE to add the effects!But 2 programmes for one video? :?
Thats what I alluding to. It's possible to edit in AE but thats not what it's meant for. It's better to do the base work in an actually video editor like Vegas or Premiere then bring that into AE and do your compositing work. The other option is you can layout what some people call a sync map or guide using a video editor. The idea is to visual show where you plan on making a cut or transition that maps to the audio. you can then take that into AE and lay down clips that way.

Return to “Adobe Software”