Adobe CS5 skepticism

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
Glitzer
Org Profile

Adobe CS5 skepticism

Post by Glitzer » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:14 pm

I'm a bit hesitant getting Adobe CS5. The issue is that I'm uncertain if CS5 will function properly. Is it possible to import flac audio in Premiere CS5 or is there a nifty free plugin such as http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... t=flac+cs4

How is exporting? Is it able to handle 720p exports that are above 15G? I recall Adobe Media Encoder CS4 failed hard for me and my only salvation was Debugmode FrameServer in Premiere, but it seems that it isn't updated to work for CS5.

I don't suppose it's possible to use After Effects CS5 in combination with Adobe Premiere Pro CS4? For example would the "replace with after effects composition" still work? I have a bad feeling it wont, but it would be ideal for me.

I'm just a little doubtful about it, but I would really enjoy using CS5 so what do you guys with experience with the program think?

Thank you for your time!

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: Adobe CS5 skepticism

Post by mirkosp » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:48 pm

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 9#p1316699

CS5 version of the plugin by the same user. :P

About the rest I have no clue. I'm still using CS4 myself, since I don't even have a 64bit OS yet.

One thing I'd be almost sure to say is that premiere pro cs5 would only work with ae cs5, and only from the same master collection or production premium installer. At least, I'm positive it was like this for CS4, so I wouldn't see why Adobe would change that in CS5.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:05 pm

Adobe Media Encoder CS5 is 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times better then the previous versions. You can also export straight out of premiere if you really want to but I actually think AME works better. I've had no problems exporting 720p with AME to lagarith.

Glitzer
Org Profile

Post by Glitzer » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:36 pm

Mirkosp and Pwolf you guys freakin rock. Though I do feel a bit silly for being totally oblivious to that plugin. :oops:

That was my biggest fear Pwolf, and you have now removed that concern.

Thanks a ton!

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:47 pm

I've been very pleased with CS5 thus far. It's proven to be a good investment.

Return to “Adobe Software”