Virtual file system thing helpz

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
gotenks794
Org Profile

Virtual file system thing helpz

Post by gotenks794 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:16 pm

Kso I'm trying to use the frame serving method for the first time. My script [which is: DSS2("E:\The Sky Crawlers\FullDisc\SKY_CRAWLERS\BDMV\STREAM\00011.m2ts")] plays fine in Vdub, but when I quick mount it I get an error in the folder instead of the fake video thing. Am I missing something? Is the problem that it's a .m2ts file? Or maybe that I'm using DSS2? Help please. :?
MAC is a cosmetics brand. Mac is the superior computing platform. It's not an acronym.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Re: Virtual file system thing helpz

Post by Zarxrax » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:14 pm

What error?

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:24 pm

Directly using an m2ts like that for editing is a bad idea. You should just transcode it. Alternatively, demux the H.264 stream with eac3to or tsmuxer and remux it in mkv with mkvtoolnix, and then use ffvideosource on this newly made mkv. That way editing directly will be feasible and frame accurate. Asking frames in random order out of an m2ts isn't too reliable.

gotenks794
Org Profile

Post by gotenks794 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:33 pm

Zarxrax wrote:What error?
The error is a txt file that is called "error" and says "(null)".
mirkosp wrote:Directly using an m2ts like that for editing is a bad idea. You should just transcode it. Alternatively, demux the H.264 stream with eac3to or tsmuxer and remux it in mkv with mkvtoolnix, and then use ffvideosource on this newly made mkv. That way editing directly will be feasible and frame accurate. Asking frames in random order out of an m2ts isn't too reliable.
Ok, I'll try mkv.
MAC is a cosmetics brand. Mac is the superior computing platform. It's not an acronym.

gotenks794
Org Profile

Post by gotenks794 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:24 am

I demuxed the m2ts then muxed into mkv successfully, but I still get "error" in the folder...

Return to “AviSynth Help”