VirtualDubMod Won't Open Deinterlacing Filters

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
Nira1992
Org Profile

VirtualDubMod Won't Open Deinterlacing Filters

Post by Nira1992 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:10 am

So, I've been trying to deinterlace some episodes, and VirtualDubMod won't open anything that has to do with deinterlacing. It gives me various errors, but all of them only apply to deinterlacing filters. Some examples: TDeint (doesn't recognize it), TMF (doesn't recognize the parameters), TDecimate (doesn't recognize it). I've tried all of the options that apply to my clips that are in the Technical Guide, and I've reinstalled VirtualDubMod, AviSynth, and all of the plugins that come with the AMVapp multiple times, but nothing has solved the problem. This also happened a coupel of weeks ago with other DVDs, but I was able to force film those clips instead of regular deinterlacing, so I was able to get around the problem. BiCubicResize, MPEG2Source, and Deen all work fine.

Here's my preferred script (unless there's something better?):
MPEG2Source("J:\Documents\My Videos\Clannad\Clannad EP 1.d2v")
Deen("w3d",3,3,5)
deint = TDeint(mode=2, mtnmode=3, blim=100)
TFM(cthresh=4, slow=2, clip2=deint)
TDecimate(mode=1)
BiCubicResize(848,480)
If it helps any, the clips are, according to DGIndex, 29.970 fps, NTSC, and interlaced. They appear interlaced in VLC.

Help possibly?

Thanks
My Anime List
ImageImageImage
Icon by glass_sylph@livejournal.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: VirtualDubMod Won't Open Deinterlacing Filters

Post by mirkosp » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:05 am

1) Deinterlacing goes first, denoising after
2) You either need to full field deinterlace OR IVTC depending on the source. You don't use both in the same script.
3) You're best off using spline36resize rather than bicubicresize

Now that I got this down, try to install the TDeint and the TIVTC manually. Just uncompress the zips and put the dll files into the plugins folder of avisynth.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:03 pm

TFM has an option to specify an externally deinterlaced clip to help it make matching decisions. Not sure how much good it does for anime (or anything else for that matter,) but that usage (tdeint, then pass the deint clip to tfm) is actually in the TFM documentation

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:56 pm

Kariudo wrote:TFM has an option to specify an externally deinterlaced clip to help it make matching decisions. Not sure how much good it does for anime (or anything else for that matter,) but that usage (tdeint, then pass the deint clip to tfm) is actually in the TFM documentation
Ah true, I didn't notice the clip2 usage... just casually saw tdeint and tfm both being in there and was like wut.
That said specifying a clip2 doesn't generally help much, or at least, specifying the d2v would help more.

Return to “AviSynth Help”