AMVbe 1.2 Now in Beta

If you have questions about compression/encoding/converting look here.
Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Re: Deshi's AMV Batch Encoder now pulic beta

Post by Bakadeshi » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:54 am

Corran wrote:I just noticed that when I drag a folder of videos onto the application, it doesn't add the videos to the encode queue but rather just the folder's path. If I then tell it to start encoding, it will fail. Right clicking the path and choosing to remove the path from the queue results in an unhandled exception. Not terribly important, but perhaps you could make it recursively look through the directory and sub-directories to add videos to the queue?
Ah thanks for reminding me, I had forgotten I needed to do that. Its not hard at all either to recursively add files in the .NET library :sweat:

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:35 am

I'm having issues encoding the local version of your Bleach Shattered Dreams video. When I run it through the ipod profile Mencoder crashes right away. If I use the distro profile it starts to encode the video but never finishes.

I ran into a similar problem using the ipod profile for:
- Decoy - Bleach Technique Beat
- Deltod - Chimera
- Koop - Momentum
- Koop - Skittles
- Koop - Twilight

Those six errors were in the first 14 I tried to batch encode so I stopped the batch job. Looking through the progress log does not show any errors, just the point that Mencoder reached before it encountered the problem. On the ipod profile, it got to "Writing header..."

I would copy and paste my log but it does not appear that I can select and copy it like text. Perhaps you could add error logging to the logs also? I'm not sure how windows or .net handles errors, but on linux/php I could log the errors by redirecting the error buffer to the normal output buffer by appending " 2>&1" to the command. I could then log the error to a database by recording the last few lines of output. i.e.

Code: Select all

/usr/bin/mencoder [mencoder options here] 2>&1
I also had my code catch the return value of the command. i.e. 0 = Program ran successfully. Some other number meant a type of error occurred.

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:58 pm

I had that problem with certain videos on the psp profile also, problem is its hard to test because mencoder doesn't output any errors, it just crashes. It seems i fixed it in the psp profile by changing the command passed to mencoder to resize the video, but I used the same thing for the ipod profile also, so That also should have been fixed it it was the problem.

Did you try it with the "Open files with avisynth" option enabled? if it works with that it may be a problem with the read codec in the version of mencoder i am using. Also just for kicks try the same problematic video on the PSP anime profile and let me know if it works. Thanks for helping me test this ^^

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:00 pm

I'm not sure if the executable has changed but I downloaded the 9.0b file again. I also recently installed Windows 7 so I'm not sure if that changes any of the encoder's behavior. I tried running the batch again and this time the encode of Shattered Dreams still failed. (I noticed a message beginning with "error" in the status bar for a split second but I'm not sure what all it said.) Instead of mencoder visibly crashing, the encoder began moving to the next video. The failed encode still existed in my output directory though... would be nice if the encoder removed failed encodes.

I then tried the avisynth method you suggested. The first video in my queue, [AKROSS]_NetTroop_Onimusha_XviD.avi began encoding, but at the end of that file the aun encoder began not responding. The only way to stop it was force close it. Trying the next video in my queue, Nostromo's Running man video aslo encountered the same problem. Both of these videos encode fine when not using the AVISynth method.

On a side note, I don't think creating the avs file in the input directory is the best location, especially when I've set a specific output directory and even then I don't see a reason I would need to keep it. Does the avs file normally get deleted after a successful encode?

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:17 am

(I noticed a message beginning with "error" in the status bar for a split second but I'm not sure what all it said.)
starting with ver 0.9b, any errors output by mencoder should be logged in the process log window, so you may be able to see what it said here. (I'll add copy and paste functionality to the process log, and the option to save it to file in the next version to aid in debugging)
Corran wrote: On a side note, I don't think creating the avs file in the input directory is the best location, especially when I've set a specific output directory and even then I don't see a reason I would need to keep it. Does the avs file normally get deleted after a successful encode?
You have a point, would be a problem if one set the input from somehing like a cdrom >.> I will change that in a later version.
It does normally delete the avs file afterwards, I'm not sure why it is not for you. (although it could be a permissions thing in windows 7 preventing the delete, which is then in turn crashing it, I may not have properly trapped that error...) AVIsynth method works fine for me, though it does take a while to initialize directshowsource for MKVs and mp4s. Possibly a windows 7 issue, I can get access to a windows 7 machine, so I will do some tesing on my end. Did he log file grab any errors? (also if you want to visibly see what it is doing in the dos prompt, you can (ctrl-c) copy and paste the commandline it is using from the debug window and try to run it manually. after you've copied it, just go to the amvbatchenc folder in the dos window, type in "mencoder " then left click, select paste.) that way you can see exactly what it is doing.

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:26 pm

I ran the batch again and the process log did not record any errors, however since it was the only video in my queue this time the error was still visible in the status section. It says: "Error opening file F:\Video\AMVs\01. Best AMVs\[Deltod]Chimera-Ipod.mp4: Invalid IsoMedia File"

I suppose that just means the encode failed. Using the command line it got to this point and then mencoder visibly crashed.

F:\Desktop\AMVBatchEnc>mencoder  "F:\Video\AMVs\01. Best AMVs\[Deltod]Chimera.mp4" -vf scale=480:272 -ovc x264 -oac faac -faacopts br=128:mpeg=4:object=2:raw -channels 2 -srate 48000 -x264encopts threads=auto:bitrate=768:nocabac:global_header:level_idc=30:subq=1:me=hex -of lavf -lavfopts format=psp  -o "F:\Video\AMVs\01. Best AMVs\[Deltod]Chimera-Ipod.mp4"
MEncoder Sherpya-SVN-r29312-4.5.0 (C) 2000-2009 MPlayer Team
SSE supported but disabled
SSE2 supported but disabled
success: format: 0  data: 0x0 - 0x2508ac2
libavformat file format detected.
[lavf] Video stream found, -vid 0
[lavf] Audio stream found, -aid 1
VIDEO:  [avc1]  640x480  24bpp  24.000 fps    0.0 kbps ( 0.0 kbyte/s)
[V] filefmt:44  fourcc:0x31637661  size:640x480  fps:24.000  ftime:=0.0417
==========================================================================
Opening audio decoder: [faad] AAC (MPEG2/4 Advanced Audio Coding)
FAAD: compressed input bitrate missing, assuming 128kbit/s!
AUDIO: 44100 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 128.0 kbit/9.07% (ratio: 16000->176400)
Selected audio codec: [faad] afm: faad (FAAD AAC (MPEG-2/MPEG-4 Audio))
** MUXER_LAVF *****************************************************************
REMEMBER: MEncoder's libavformat muxing is presently broken and can generate
INCORRECT files in the presence of B-frames. Moreover, due to bugs MPlayer
will play these INCORRECT files as if nothing were wrong!
OK, exit.
Opening video filter: [expand osd=1]
Expand: -1 x -1, -1 ; -1, osd: 1, aspect: 0.000000, round: 1
Opening video filter: [scale w=480 h=272]
Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
Selected video codec: [ffh264] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg H.264)
Pos:   0.0s      1f ( 1%)  0.00fps Trem:   0min   0mb  A-V:0.000 [0:0]
1 duplicate frame(s)!
VIDEO CODEC ID: 28
AUDIO CODEC ID: 15002, TAG: 0
Writing header...
[psp @ 00D53E18]dimensions not set
I did the AVISynth method again, this time via the command line the encoder generated and it ran to this point and then hung. Ctrl-C or Cntl-Z did not stop the process. I had to close the command prompt.

F:\Desktop\AMVBatchEnc>mencoder  "F:\Video\AMVs\01. Best AMVs\[AKROSS]_NetTroop_Onimusha_XviD.avi.avs" -vf scale=480:272 -ovc x264 -oac faac -faacopts br=96:mpeg=4:object=2:raw -channels 2 -srate 48000 -x264encopts threads=auto:bitrate=400:nocabac:global_header:level_idc=30:subq=1:me=hex -slang en -of lavf -lavfopts format=psp  -o "D:\Phone encodes\AMVs\[AKROSS]_NetTroop_Onimusha_XviD.avi-Ipod.mp4"
MEncoder Sherpya-SVN-r29312-4.5.0 (C) 2000-2009 MPlayer Team
SSE supported but disabled
SSE2 supported but disabled
success: format: 0  data: 0x0 - 0x4c
AVS file format detected.
VIDEO:  [YV12]  512x384  12bpp  24.000 fps    0.0 kbps ( 0.0 kbyte/s)
[V] filefmt:38  fourcc:0x32315659  size:512x384  fps:24.000  ftime:=0.0417
Opening audio decoder: [pcm] Uncompressed PCM audio decoder
AUDIO: 44100 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 1411.2 kbit/100.00% (ratio: 176400->176400)
Selected audio codec: [pcm] afm: pcm (Uncompressed PCM)
** MUXER_LAVF *****************************************************************
REMEMBER: MEncoder's libavformat muxing is presently broken and can generate
INCORRECT files in the presence of B-frames. Moreover, due to bugs MPlayer
will play these INCORRECT files as if nothing were wrong!
OK, exit.
Opening video filter: [expand osd=1]
Expand: -1 x -1, -1 ; -1, osd: 1, aspect: 0.000000, round: 1
Opening video filter: [scale w=480 h=272]
Opening video decoder: [raw] RAW Uncompressed Video
VDec: vo config request - 512 x 384 (preferred colorspace: Planar YV12)
VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
Movie-Aspect is undefined - no prescaling applied.
[swscaler @ 0x3c1a900]BICUBIC scaler, from yuv420p to yuv420p using MMX2
x264 [info]: using SAR=34/45
x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 Cache64
x264 [info]: profile Baseline, level 3.0
Selected video codec: [rawyv12] vfm: raw (RAW YV12)
VIDEO CODEC ID: 28f ( 0%)  0.00fps Trem:   0min   0mb  A-V:0.017 [0:0]
AUDIO CODEC ID: 15002, TAG: 0
Writing header...
[psp @ 0x3c185f0]Codec for stream 0 does not use global headers but container format requires global headers
[psp @ 0x3c185f0]Codec for stream 1 does not use global headers but container format requires global headers
Pos:   0.7s     22f ( 0%)  0.00fps Trem:   0min   0mb  A-V:0.086 [0:103]
Skipping frame!
Pos: 195.8s   4704f (100%) 149.63fps Trem:   0min  12mb  A-V:0.067 [407:116]
Flushing video frames.
Writing index...

Video stream:  407.927 kbit/s  (50990 B/s)  size: 9981456 bytes  195.750 secs  4704 frames

Audio stream:  116.778 kbit/s  (14597 B/s)  size: 2860907 bytes  195.989 secs
x264 [info]: slice I:131   Avg QP:23.93  size:  5722
x264 [info]: slice P:4567  Avg QP:29.28  size:  2021
x264 [info]: mb I  I16..4: 58.5%  0.0% 41.5%
x264 [info]: mb P  I16..4: 21.8%  0.0%  6.8%  P16..4: 24.0%  8.1%  1.2%  0.0%  0.0%    skip:38.1%
x264 [info]: final ratefactor: 29.32
x264 [info]: coded y,uvDC,uvAC intra:32.8% 29.1% 10.8% inter:12.0% 11.5% 0.5%
x264 [info]: kb/s:407.9
Something else I'm curious about is why you are changing the sample rate to 48000.

EDIT: I'm having some major issues with Windows 7 right now. I'm not sure if it impacting the testing I'm doing here. I'm going to hold off further testing until I can figure out my current system issues...

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:36 am

if you have time, might be worth a shot to test the same video file you have using the mp4 for distro setting to see if it has anything to do with the buggy muxer present in Mencoder, since he mp4for distro profile uses neroacc to encode the audio and mp4box to mux it. although this shouldn't be the problem since his profile does not use b-frames, and that bug is supposed to only be present when using b-frames, a least according to the mencoder folks.

also curious if you tested the same file using your own batch file util, and if so did it process it correctly?

I have yet to get access to the windows7 machine to test with, but if anyone else out there with windows7 can confirm if it works properly for them would help also ^^

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Re: AMVbe 1.0 - Batch Converter for amvs (Need beta testers)

Post by Bakadeshi » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:43 pm

Major update everyone, and now getting close to final, so I need all the beta testers I can get :O

Particularly test the new features listed on the first post, such as the commandline args, and if there are any issues converting any particular file formats.
Also let me know if you find any video files that don't load when draging a folder into the drop box. Im pretty sure I got most the extenions mencoder supports, but I may have missed a few.

Also let me know on the userfriendlyness of it, if theres anything layout wise that you think would be easier a certain way, I am open to suggestions.

Thanks!

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:00 am

I tried using just the new executable but it caused an error so I figured I would start from scratch instead. However, I'm getting a CRC error when trying to extract the new rar archive. I've tried downloading it twice but I get the same error at the same point in the extraction.

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:15 pm

if the error your getting is a Unhandled exception when you run it, thats a bug in the commandline argument handling code, I noticed it after I already uploaded it at work, and had left for the weekend leaving my sourcecode there. So yea I'll fix it monday when I get access back to the code. However, You can click continue on that error and still use it safely, or just passing it a comandline argument should get rid of the error. I'll check the rar also, it probably got interupted on the upload.

Edit: Tested rar and it works fine for me, though I am currently under linux, so I was testing with file roller for ubuntu. Perhaps try downloading it again and see if you got a currupt download? it should be about 15mb in size.

Return to “Conversion / Encoding Help”